I just bought this (Sytrin KuFormula VF1 Plus)

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by khelben, Mar 6, 2006.

1. khelben

khelben Newbie

I wanted to get a nice VGA cooler for my super hot 6800GT. I had Thermalright V1-Ultra and Zalman VF900 in mind at first (not a fan of Artic Silencers). The VF900 is not yet released and the V1-Ultra cost a bomb, about RM180 to RM200 if you can find it.

So i went scouting around LYN and saw a guy selling this, Sytrin KuFormula VF1 Plus and it looked pretty interesting. And got myself one :D

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    It comes with a cross-flow fan and a tri-speed-controller :D Pretty powerful and not too noisy. Rated at 32db. The heatsink has 2 heat-pipes, kinda decent :mrgreen:

[​IMG]
    It doesn't have a finishing that i hoped for (sorry for the blurry picture), not as good as Thermalright's but definitely better than my previous Artic Silencer NV5.

I had no problem what so ever on assembling the fan to it's speed controller but, it wasn't pleasant for me when it comes to mounting the heatsink to my card.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    The screws they provided were bumped headed screws and it prevents the base of the heatsink from touching the core. The screws were knocking onto the square metal thing around the core, at the area where i marked.

I tried finding other screws in my drawer hoping to get a pair that fits but to no avail. It's either that the head is still to bumpy or the screws are too small. Then i noticed that my AcBel PSU has flat-headed screws on it, so i tried using those screws hoping that they fit and guess what? They do!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I was so so glad that they fit in perfectly since the screws now do not have any contact whatsoever onto the square metal bracket anymore.

The result:
    Stock idle: 66° Celcius
    Stock load: 79° Celcius

VF1 idle: 53° Celcius
    VF1 load: 59° Celcius

I tested the loading temp by running Guild Wars and 3dMark05 :mrgreen:

I'm satisfied with the product overall but hated alot bout that silly incompatible screws. I'll be sending an email to them later today regarding bout that issue.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  2. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

u missed the sign on that box that says

:wicked: :dance: :dance:

thats a pretty sweet cooler u got there.

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

4. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Interesting. How much did it cost?

5. WOW!!!!! :shock: :faint: AND I MEAN WOW!!!!:clap:

6. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

7. Good value for the money!! Impressive performance!! :faint:

8. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Hey, if any of you KL residents have time, can you help me find out more about this cooler? I think it may be worth doing a bulk order since it's hardly available anywhere else in the world. Price and availability would be good. Thanks a lot :mrgreen:

9. slash

slash Newbie

theres a bulk going on in ly.net

moderno

1 person likes this.
  10. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Thanks for the info, but at that price it's not going to be worthwhile. Might as well get a VF900 or something.

11. slash

slash Newbie

vf900 wont fit 6600gt agp

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Most coolers won't fit cards with AGP/PCIe bridges.

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

VF-700 will fit that AGP 6600GT as well as the jetart cooler that we have a review of here... :D

14. Chai

Not really, unless the bridge has heatsink on it.

15. slash

slash Newbie

anyway i ordered 1 VF1 plus.
    something strange wif my 6600gt... rivatuner shows idle temps of 66 degrees, and a high of 124 degrees while playing oblivion.
    that said, whenever i play newer games like nfsmw or oblivion, my pc will pause for a few minutes, then return back to normal. happens to some online games (flyff and the golf one).
    isit cause of the heat? or some driver/hardware conflict?
    quake 3 doesnt hang on me though, nor does cs1.6

16. Chai

Looks like serious heat issue.

Did you check if the heatsink is hot? If it's not, then there's something wrong with the contact.

17. slash

slash Newbie

yea the heatsink is pretty hot. hopefully the new cooler will solve my problems.

btw in the nvidia tab, it shows max agp for OS to be 2x, whereas the rest (gpu,chipset,optimal) to be 8x. is this normal? i thought it should be 8x for all