GeXcube 9600XT Voltage Mod Troubles

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by jolinator, Mar 10, 2006.

1. jolinator

jolinator Newbie

Hey all, just performed this mod on my card a few things to note before we start, default core voltage was 1.31v. and with the resistor is now 1.34 at minimum setting. Cooling is fine on the memory and core is watercooled. My issue is that i am now unable to overclock my memory past 340mhz, when it was happly sitting at 400mhz, this is with less core speed, so i thought ok core speed is the most important in my case, and turned the memorry back down to stock speeds my core will not overclock much more than before an im getting some artifacts, anything more than 1.38vs and i get Massive artifacts. basicly my card is somewhat crippled now,

can anyone shed some light, sorry if my post has bad punctation its 5am over here and about to go to bed. :)

thanks all, any help would be much appreciated,

2. jolinator

jolinator Newbie

did some more playing, mem voltage is currently 2.94 and hasnt been touched voltage wise, the core would sit at 527 happly@ stock voltage and will do 531 @ 1.34-1.35v however if i turn it up more than that, the core will actually run slower , Even if i put it on say 1.4v and Both clock speeds are stock it will throw huge artifacts, can somone shed some light on my problem

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

jolinator, I think it's best for you to wait until Max_87 returns. :think:

4. jolinator

jolinator Newbie

ok mate cheers:beer: ,

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Your card might be dying already. Just like what happened to my X1800XL. Did your card overheated accidentally before?

6. jolinator

jolinator Newbie

nah its never been overheated :( its always been very well cooled i guess its just a junk card, regardless i think its time for a new card, quick question, whats your opinion of the X800 as they are cheap as chips on ebay atm, however i hear they cant do HDR, it it worth getting a 6800gs or something instead, given i play CSS with HDR off because i think it looks better!?, The X800 Is alot cheaper, keep in mind im still using AGP

thanks,

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

The GeForce 6 series doesn't really have enough horsepower to run games with HDR enabled. So you have to lower the resolution to at least 1024x768/800x600 for most games if you want to enable HDR.

Yes, the X800/X850 series is no capable of doing HDR/SM3.0. However, if you are talking about speed, the X800/X850 are faster, and they are hotter than GF6 too.

How much is your budget?

8. Stephenishere

Stephenishere Newbie

My X800pro supports the HDR :/ or maybe im just seeing things :O

I have the Ati X800Pro at 500core/1000memory the x800's are okay cards, the 6800gs is suppose to be the best card for people on budgets because of how easy the overclock.

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

were you refering to SC:CT?
    yes, your X800PRo is definitely capable of suppoting HDR, just that you aren't getting a full precision implementation.

10. Stephenishere

Stephenishere Newbie

SC:CT? im not fimiliar with these terms. My hdr seems to be pretty good though. DodS looks all shinny :p although i personally dont really care for the whole Hdr thing, i usually just disable it, most hl2 mods dont support it/ crash with it.

11. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory ;)