Finally found the guts to OC my 3200 Venice

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by Bizarre, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Bizarre

Bizarre Newbie

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Not bad. :D But try higher!

3. Deepthroat

Deepthroat Newbie

Wow not bad indeed
    Is it in default voltage?
    if it is then thumbs up dude

4. Bizarre

Bizarre Newbie

Yup stock voltage and Prime 95 stable over night :D

5. SilentBotts

SilentBotts Newbie

I love my venice chip. Now that I've got my uber water cooling setup, I'm hoping and wishing that I can get her to go as high as 3ghz.

6. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

3GHz erm.... quite impossible for 3200+ :p not unless you are using TEC or phase change :mrgreen:

7. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

8. Bizarre

Bizarre Newbie

Bit of an update guys, i just got my hands on a Zalman CNPS7000 + the backplate needed for s939 motherboards - should go on some time during the weekend and then we'll see if my temps drop a little and go from there :mrgreen:

9. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

What is your stock voltage btw, how come it doesn't show in your CPU-Z post? :?

Hope I can post mine soon too... :p

10. Chai

There are some issues with CPU-Z showing the voltage. Use Speedfan to check for the voltage.

11. Bizarre

Bizarre Newbie

Stock voltage is 1.39 or so says CBId :thumb:

12. Bizarre

Bizarre Newbie

Well the cooler is on and its seen a nice 10C drop along with some as5 :D

13. Bizarre

Bizarre Newbie

Ok another update, after leaving the machine folding over night i've seen load temps only get to about 36-38C Much better than the stock cooler and even better considering the heatsink cost me nothing at all :mrgreen:

14. liddokun10

liddokun10 Newbie

Have you considered popping off the IHS? A 3500+ (single core disabled manchester sold as normal AMD64 3500+) stock running on a CM Aquagate mini R120 wif IHS off idles at 32C. The same 3500+ and same cooler with IHS on idles at 38C. However, if you decide to pop the IHS, you gotta file down the legs of your bracket to mount a normal heatsink properly. I had to file the Aquagate legs about less than 3mm to compensate for the height of the removed IHS. It was worth it. Previous max was 2.65ghz 1.45Vcore. After IHS removal, running 2.8Ghz stable at same Vcore.

Please read more about IHS removal if u decide to do it. For the safety of your new processor.

15. Bizarre

Bizarre Newbie

I looked removing IHS a few weeks after getting the chip but changed my mind as i didnt have the money if i screwed it up :haha:

16. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Yeah I think for most people the advantages wouldn't outweigh the benefits :lol:

17. Chai

I would remove the IHS, but there's a few things that I'm worried.

1. cracking the core because of crappy waterblock
    2. problem selling it!

18. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Not bad I can get my 3000+ to 2.5GHz @ 1.4V also. How far have you OC'd that 3200+? Also why did you drop the cpu multiplier? More memory bandwidth?

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  19. Bizarre

Bizarre Newbie