Optimal BIOS

Discussion in 'BIOS Optimization Guide (BOG)' started by Bruce.CR, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Bruce.CR

Bruce.CR Newbie

Hi I'm gonna have all my parts for my new computer on the end of this week.

I have a huge favour too ask. Can you tell me what the best bios Options are for this Mobo: Asus A8N-SLI Premium..

And here are the full specs of the computer.

AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4800+, 2.4GHz, Dual Core, Toledo
    eVGA e-GeForce 7900GTX SuperClocked, PCI-E, 512MB
    Asus A8N-SLI Premium, nForce4 SLI, high-end, HeatPipe!
    Western Digital Raptor WD740GD, 10'000rpm, 74GB, Serial-ATA
    Western Digital Raptor WD740GD, 10'000rpm, 74GB, Serial-ATA
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
    OCZ, Platinum-Series, 2x1GB KIT, PC-3200, Low Latency
    Hiper Type-R 580W Black Edition
    Thermaltake Armor, Full-Tower, Black, Alu-Front

It would be so awsome If you could help me configure the bios. I already found a guide for the ram settings http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14409

I would really appriciate that.

Greets Bruce.CR

ps. Sorry for my bad englsih im from Switzerland:D

2. Stephenishere

Stephenishere Newbie

first step would be to trade your computer with mine :) mines all configured so i got you covered :whistle:

3. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

What kind of BIOS options are you looking to configure?
    Almost everything is auto-detect these days so you should be fine...
    The only important one I can think of right now is to disable the onboard audio.

Do check out our famous BIOS optimisation guide if you need explanations of particular options: http://www.rojakpot.com/bog.aspx
    And welcome to ARP :mrgreen:

4. Bruce.CR

Bruce.CR Newbie

Thx:D I just want the best possible performance without oc (maby when the system slows down) I saw that guide but its so long, i dont know were to look. Are there any basics?

5. Stephenishere

Stephenishere Newbie

Well im sure in your bios you have a optimizer,(I do at least) and you can make your bios have optimal options,

Heres some i can think of, set your on board audio chip off,(On mine its the ac97 chip or whatever(cant really remember) set your boot order to harddrives first then boot in all cards,(Faster start up time)

and on the part to choose what to boot into leave it all disabled or set your hard disk as one, that will make it boot a little faster.

Set your apeture size to 256 (Has to do with your video card cant really remember that one too :p )

Thats about all i can think of, dont go off updating your bios because you think it will run better, 90% of the time its just small fixes or compatibility issues. Bios updates are usually pretty dangerous(Although most of them are 100% safe and work) but the ones that mess up really mess up, making them have to get a new mobo.

Some performance things you could try are in make sure to get the latest chipset, mobo drivers for your windows, that can make a huge performance difference.

Thats all i can think of :O

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Actually, it only looks long because it covers a LOT of BIOS options.

What you should do is take a look at your BIOS' available options, read up on them one by one and then you will have a very good idea of what's suitable for your system.

Remember, every system is different. That's why we did not come up with a "one size fits all" guide on BIOS settings. :mrgreen:

7. Bruce.CR

Bruce.CR Newbie

Hehe, yeah thats true. I guess I was a little lazy:lol: So, gota look at the settings now. Thanks for your help

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

No problem. :thumb: