Cloudscapes :)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by djspinnet, Apr 22, 2006.

1. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

The advantages of living on a high enough floor and facing the sunset :) Had been so bummed from my project the past few days, I took 43 cloudscapes in 2 days to unwind... and the sky was the most convenient subject for a 'quickie' shot..

Attached Files:

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

#3 is very very nice. Ever considered selling them as stock photographs? I'm sure some of those shots could be popular.. heh

3. djspinnet

djspinnet Newbie

I thought of that, actually.. not just selling stocks, but also selling prints, but trying to sell prints of my paintings and art work is a lot more complicated because of PayPal restrictions, which only allows Malaysians to draw money out into a US bank..

I've heard many people recommending me to use shutterstock, and I notice you're using it. I'm curious to know more, their cheque payout policy etc.. care to share?

4. Zen

Zen Das lässige Schwein

well for me.... shutterstock seems to be the best stock site so far... compared to all the other stock sites that are avaibable.. :p
    btw...very nice shots...as a designer... i can say tat they can be very popular.. :p

5. peaz

No problem. :D

Well, I posted a blog entry here - http://atpeaz.placidthoughts.com/index.php?/archives/15-Sell-Microstock!.html

And I also regularly update my microstock experiences here - http://gallery.placidthoughts.com/stock.php

As for the question on shutterstock, yes, they send cheques to us unlucky people without paypal payout options. I've recieved one cheque already and another one is on the way. All in all? I've earned hunderds of US dollar over several sites, shutterstock being the best for myself personally. But i myself am not very active in submitting new images into my stock gallery, so I'm not earning as much as I can.

6. peaz

As for selling prints. Yup, I've wanted to try that myself but it's not as easy as selling microstocks. Heh.

Actually, microstock and prints are two different things. mostly.

Microstock photos have to be of couse unique, special, but most importantly, have commercial value for people to use on brochures, prints, ads, etc

As for prints, usually you'd sell artistic photographs, and these (even if it's damn nice) won't sell in microstock agencies.

But if you want to sell prints, you can try subscribing to deviantart and sell the prints there.