Finally got my Canon 350D:)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Theoretical_Photographer, Jun 14, 2006.

1. I’m sure I will have a few question for you lot that have used the 350 (or similar)
    But for now, I’ve notice that the image seems quite soft, is that the way the cam is or it is the I have lens?

Still, softness aside – I love the speed, file write time, Colour and noise levels of the 350d. shame all the part are so expensive. Ran out of cash when it came to a new tripod and bag ><.. Also thought the filter size on the telephoto lens was 55mm, now I gotta get a step up ring to use my old filters….

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  2. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Congrats on the new camera!!!! :beer:

I have the 300D and I am nearing the 8000th exposure.:thumb:

BTW... what do you mean by soft? Focus? :think:

3. I think the s7000 was shot was around 55m Focal length and the 350d was zoomed to 55mm
    The 350d seems softer to me, see image

Not the best images to compare

DSLR’s are new to me, so I’m not sure if this is normal

Added full cat image (reduced size)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

I think to be fair, you should take pics of something like checkerboard or similar texture at same focal length, lighting, aperture, etc... a tripod is a must, but the goal is to eliminate all possible varibles. I think that if you use quality galss the SLR will BLOW AWAY any all-in-one.:eh:

BTW......................... Neat Cat Pics!!!!!

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

The default sharpen on 350D is probably less agressive than the S7000.

6. Used the raw tools that came with cam and they have a very good sharpness function. I’m happy now :p

thanks all

image is 100% zoom

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  7. Mt fave shot on cam today –still learning to use it

Attached Files:

8. I was able to use a 350D a few months back and it definitely is a lovely camera! :drool: :mrgreen:

9. Seblington

Seblington Newbie

this is terrible, now you have a better camera than me :( I will have to get the Sony Alpha now:twisted:

10. Now I’m gonna start taking landscape, love the quality on the canon :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

11. Another shot, I just like the light

Attached Files:

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Nice shots!

13. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

why i still see make-up thingy on the first pic? u wearing make up again?:think: :haha:

Hope you show us more nice pic after this:mrgreen:

14. Got my 6 star flitter today, and I love it :p

Attached Files: