Cable Management and Cleaning

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sherren, Jun 29, 2006.

1. sherren

sherren Newbie

How often do you guys clean your pc casing inside?
    how is your cable management inside ,mind to share some pics? :dance:

2. sherren

sherren Newbie

heres an example of mine last time my casing,now no more
    [​IMG]

i forgot to hide the ide cables:haha:

3. xinoxide

xinoxide Newbie

i dont have any pics of mine, BUT every computer ive built since i was like 12 has backwards mounted hard drives, thats how much cables piss me off, so im very tidy with cable management. ill try and get some pics of some of the systems ive made, my friends have a few of the systems.

4. Mine is "generally" tidy. :lol: I use some cable ties and I try to hide as much cables as I can behind the motherboard plate or in between the cover of the casing behind the motherboard. Some cables are too fat and thick that I'm not able to close the case so I leave those in the open. :haha:

xinoxide:
    you got some serious set-up there! :thumb:

5. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

if u want less dust in the casing, put a filter for the front intake fan, which remind me need to get a pantyhose :oops: :mrgreen: :haha:

any other alternative ah?:mrgreen:

6. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

In Singapore a lot of places sell a set of plastic grills and a mesh filter...that sort of mesh I find is extremely effective at keeping out dust while not restricting airflow too much.

Ideally the case should have positive air pressure (more intake than exhaust) so that you can control and filter all the intake fans. But this can be hard to achieve, especially with noise level considerations.

7. Bizarre

Bizarre Newbie

I have one of these fan filters sitting over my 120mm intake fan, No dust what so ever makes it into my case :D

[​IMG]

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow...looks quite restrictive and will increase noise...hmm...

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I took out all of the filters on my case. It gets dusty anyways just a matter of time. Thats why I have a good ol air compressor. No dust bunnies can withstand the 75PSI fury that I unleash weekly! :twisted:

10. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I had one of those in the 80mm size...they're actually quite good. Noise probably does increase a bit but they're not very restrictive and catch a lot of dust :thumb:

11. Bizarre

Bizarre Newbie

Its a little louder, the only sound i really hear is air noise anyway... but all i need to do to clean it is grab the vacuum and suck the dust off sure beats dragging my pc out every 2 months and cleaning the WHOOOOLE thing though :thumb:

12. CompactNinja

CompactNinja Newbie

Ugh.. i need to get some Cable Sleeves... My case is just too damn crowded

13. EVERY WEEK? :faint: Now that's alot of dust! Do you live on the moon or something? :p :mrgreen:

14. crashagn

crashagn Newbie

75psi thats all?? i have mine compressor up to 140.. but of course gotta be carefull around them fans.. to easy (kindafun) to make them spin spin spin..kinda sounds cool.. not good though

15. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well mine goes up to that too but 75 gets the job done... :D

Don't make the fans spin too fast or their bearings might go bad... :p