Biggest mp3 player available?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by xinoxide, Jul 8, 2006.

1. xinoxide

xinoxide Newbie

i did a couple hours of research, and im looking for the largest standalone mp3 player i can find. lets say, if i were to buy my tracks on itunes for $1 a piece, id be in the hole about $27,000. and im tired of having to switch songs on and off of my 40 gig creative nomad xen.

i even though of getting a laptop with really big hard drives and an mp3 player mode. but jogging with a laptop really doesnt make sense.

so i come to you, all mighty know howers of the interweb, to help find me something i can put a HUGE chunk of my music on. i was thinking of a 60 gig ipod, but still not nearly as big as i need (and i dislike ipods) so, some help please? <3

2. fyire

fyire Newbie

Well, simplest solution is:
    - Get a Mac Mini
    - Do the battery mod on it (http://www.engadget.com/2005/05/18/battery-powered-mac-mini/) so the Mac Mini can run off batteries
    - Hack up somekinda custom interfacing so iTunes on the Mac Mini can be controlled via a bluetooth interface from your phone or something.

And there you go, a portable MP3 player with an upgradable disk :)

3. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

There are plenty of those el-cheapo media player out there with changable HD that cost at a fraction of an IPOD.

I can give u one example here

It one hell of a all rounder, I like it since I take tons of photograh in RAW. The only down side is the built quality....which is the reason why I didn't grap it. :faint: :faint: :faint:

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

5. xinoxide

xinoxide Newbie

that epson p4500 looks damn nice, i suppose i could get a bigger hard drive for it or something, but it is bigger, but hell, that means better screen, and a more diverse sense of use. it better have damn good battery life :p

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

haha i suppose you could :) THe epson p4500 is actually meant as a digital camera/video camera companion... so the screen is definately a good one ;)

7. luqman

luqman Newbie

ya u should get it