Zalman Fatality

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by firstknight, Nov 10, 2006.

1. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

Anyone tried or have reviewed this cooler? Fatal1ty FC-ZV9

wondering should i get it... and wats the difference between the Zalman VF900-Cu LED.
    Thanks

2. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

The name, the fan speed, the colour, and the price.

Personally I would never buy any of the garbage that has his name on it. :roll:

3. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

ok... is that it?? does tat means there is no difference with the Zalman one as to the performance??

4. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Its nothing more than a VF900 with the dumb Fatal1ty sticker on it :lol:

6. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

if that is the case any other brand you recommend??

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Just get the normal Zalman VF900... :D

8. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

fatal1ty got pwned by a chinese a while ago..
    and the pics is fugly. dun buy that crap! get the plain version will do!

9. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Well the fan is faster so that will improve the performance, but it's also a lot noisier.

I suppose they intended for the noise to be drowned out in a Fatal1ty case when you're wearing Fatal1ty headphones and using a Fatal1ty mouse and keyboard :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

We have our own VF900 review. I reviewed it. :D

11. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

yeah i read it.. but you mentioned that it makes not much of a different compare to the stock ones.... you think its a good buy for its performance?? you gave a silver one... which oe is gold then??

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

actually do you plan to oc your GPU?
    if not, the stock will do just fine!

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Reviewer's Choice (silver) doesn't mean it's second best. We haven't found one which truly deserves the Editor's Choice Award yet.

14. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

Yes I am inteding to OC.... to get the most out of my card...i have overclocked mine to 580/780.. according to my optimum it can go the max of 800+ can it be reliable?

15. fguerro

fguerro Newbie

Get the Zalman VF900 without the cute LED if it saves a bit of money. Either of these two solutions offer better cooling capacity than the FC-ZV9. Avoid the marketing hype of the 'Fatal1ty' logo with regards to this type of cooler.