CPU Fan/COoler

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by firstknight, Nov 10, 2006.

1. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

Am interested in getting a cpu fan/cooler..

am looking into Zalman Fatality Fatal1ty FS-C77... is it any different from this CNPS7700-Cu LED??

or any other better suggestion?

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

3. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

its heavy... i am using a tower casig... can the mobo withstand the weight when it is up right?? i am using the new GeCube DQ6. will it fit??

4. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

What program you use for OC the mobo?

is the mini typhoon value pack ok??

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You need to overclock thru the BIOS.

6. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Mini Typhoon? It sucks big time :mrgreen:

7. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

waht??? sux ka... oh man.... then like tat beside scythe?? any other recommendation?

8. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Hm... you can go for the CNPS9500, at the same price level as the MiniTyphoon, but a lot better. If you can spend more then go for the CNPS9700. The CNPS9x00 will make some moderate noise at full speed, should be tolerable for most of the people.

Unless you really want a very quiet system, then get the Thermalright HR-01 and use a low speed fan on it. The HR-01 has the best noise/performance ratio compared to most of heatsinks out there.

If you want to see the results, a CPU roundup will be posted soon, MiniTyphoon, CNPS9500/9700, XP-120, HR-01 compared :wicked:

9. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

oh... but for the HR-01 its nickel and not copper like zalman... i tot its better to get a copper ones...?

and the minityphoon is cheaper than zlaman 9700/9500

10. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Actually HR-01 has nickel plated copper base/heatpipes and the rest are aluminum.

Using copper doesn't necessarily mean it will always be better :mrgreen:

11. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

how bout Tt pipe 101???

12. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Forget about Thermaltake, seriously :lol:
    IMO the only worthwhile Tt cooler is the Big Typhoon...almost everything else is poorly designed, overpriced, etc.

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Even the BigTyphoon is not a very good performer, considering its size, weight and possibly price too. AFAIK, it only manages to perform as good as the XP-120, if not slightly better. It has a lot of compatibility issues too :lol:

14. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

oh... so wat brand should i be looking out for? zalman? gigabyte? scythe? i am using a Gigabyte DQ6 in a tower casing. I would like to know which one is suitable. dun wanna get something real big but put stress on my mobo.

You guys are great man. I am intending to OC my CPU i read that it can get 480MHz FSB. Thats why i need a better cooling system which is affordable.

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Don't get Tt. You wouldn't go wrong with Thermalright, Zalman or Scythe.

16. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

any model in particular? you have reviewed zalman... so is it worthwhile?

can recommend a few?

17. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Zalman CNPS9700
    Thermalright Ultra 120 or HR-01

I personally prefer Thermalright ones. :mrgreen:

18. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

hmmm how bout thermalright xp-90c??

19. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

If you can get it for a good price, it's a nice heatsink :thumb:

20. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

You can't go wrong with Thermalright :thumb: XP-90C is not a bad choice, but you can only mount 92mm fan on it.

I would prefer a larger heatsink since I can mount the larger 120mm fan on it and run the fan at lower speed :mrgreen: