Modding Guides

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by Max_87, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

2. sherren

sherren Newbie

A Psu Guide By me.How To Test Your PSU
    Well maybe you could start using it as a 'test' PSU. To test your fans, cold cathodes or other modding stuff whenever you want, without having to boot up your PC. Now you might be thinking that this wouldn't be a problem, just plug in the power cable of the PSU and start the air/light show.. right?

Now first start searching for an ATX Power Supply Unit.
    This is the motherboard connector 20 pin
    [​IMG]

2nd we need a paper clip or wire.Please make sure your PSU isn't plugged in while doing this mod! You might get a shock!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Overall this is a very easy mod, just search for the connector with the green wire and insert an end from the paperclip. Then pick out one of the connectors with a black (ground) wire and insert the other end of the paperclip.

[​IMG]
    After this cover the psu connector 20 pin with some tape, just to be safe in case anyone or anything touches it..

[​IMG]
    Now plug in the power cable of your PSU.. and start running!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
  3. mista_haqeem

mista_haqeem Newbie

thanx for the link...
    very useful...!

4. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

i wan to have my fans continue running even after my computer shuts down. is it possible. is there a way for me to put a timer in it as well so that it will run and after the allocated timer sets in.

5. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

Sorry... i tot i have seen a post concerning replacing a molex connector without a tool by using a self made stuff... Where can i find that post.

Thanks...

6. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

There are molex connectors around that are designed not to require tools for mounting, IIRC.

Cheers
    Olle

7. firstknight

firstknight Newbie

but then i need to remove from the current one... try to google but kinda difficult to find..