promise fasttrack 378

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by harley88, Nov 29, 2006.

1. harley88

harley88 Newbie

to start with i am a computer dumb old and dont know what promise fasttrack 378 or Raid is or what they do. but am looking for some help.
    in my device manager i got: WinXP Promise Fasttrack 378 Controller and WinXP Promise RAID Console SCSI Processer Device running and working properly.

in my BIOS i got: OnBoard Promise Controller = [ENABLED]
    and Operating Mode set to [RAID].
    oh! and when i bootup i get something like bios not installed for fasttrack controller ( not sure about what it says).
    this does not seem right to me what should i do?
    do i need to unistall (how) or do i need it?
    thanks
    harley

2. Tricky1

Tricky1 Newbie

Dont uninstall. Go to Techarp Article database, go to the bottom of the page, Articles - Tweaks, and check out the
    (RAID Optimization Guide). It will fill you in on Promise RAID.

3. TehTek

TehTek Newbie

FastTrack 378

It's a Raid Controller , If you look inside your pc you have another EIDE or Sata Connection to connect a hard drive to it ie(Promise 378 controller) when another drive is connected you may configuer a Raid 0 or Raid 1 Server with it , www.webopedia.com/TERM/R/RAID.html that site there will explain Raid , :) :) :) Psss!!! Go with Raid 0 (it's super speed for your pc) :) :) :) Level 0 -- Striped Disk Array without Fault Tolerance: Provides data striping (spreading out blocks of each file across multiple disk drives) but no redundancy. This improves performance but does not deliver fault tolerance. :pray: If one drive fails then all data in the array is lost. :pray: