Need For Speed Carbon

Discussion in 'Games' started by plasma, Nov 15, 2006.

1. werty316

werty316 Newbie

This will probably change once you start to play it after an hour or two.

2. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

lol...i can get used to that...in fact all the NFS game are the same..Underground series is so damn boring but i enjoy tuning cars in NFSU2:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

3. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

I finished this game and Cross does not seems to be playing any important role in the game besides kissing your ass at the beginning

4. zachig

zachig Newbie

What about the graphics? Was it improved in NFS Carbon? (I mean compared to NFSU2...:roll: )

5. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

of course there are improvements done on carbon..in fact most wanted already have some significant improvements over NFSU2

6. zachig

zachig Newbie

Sorry, in my previous post, I meant to "NFSMW" and NOT "NFSU2"...;)

Anyway, thanks...like I said, I think I'll give NFS Carbon a try!!! :think: :D

7. MeRaH

MeRaH Newbie

I don't like NFS series (since it started the boy RICER theme.)

The first three NFS' were fine and maybe a few after that.

My brother plays NFS Carbon but he says the AI hacks lol. Can take crazy fast corners and zip by no matter how fast you're going.

8. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

lolz.. to tell you the truth .. i too prefer the older NFS series before the ricer type .. :haha:

i just hate the AI ..

9. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

I think the previous NFS most wanted was better than Carbon.The Carbon has many bugs in it.

10. zy

i dont know what bugs you are referring to :think:

but my guess is NFS programmers have gotten lazy to program a proper AI ... :roll: i think the problem with programming a proper AI lies with the NOS system ...

i've tried playing games like GTR2 .... their AI is much better
    you can set the strength leve lof the AI ... set to 120% .. their timings are perfect .. i cant overtake them :haha:

set to 80% i can overtake all of them :p

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I stopped playing NFS after Porsche Unleashed.

Favourite is still the original TNFS. :D

Games like GTR2 definitely have much better AI, they won't have advantage in straightline, but carry much more speed thru corners.

12. zy

gameplay wise.. i agree with you the original NFS are much more fun ... but i cant stand the low resolution graphics :haha: i'm spoilt...

13. Chai

It was quite ahead of its time, Traction Control, ABS, gear shift were so accurately simulated.

14. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

GTR2 n the new race : wtcc is :thumb:

but play wid kb cant enjoy the thrill

n this carbon..mine crash like no tomorrow..got fedup uninstall n forget about it

15. Chai

Damn, I saw Logitech G25 selling in Lowyat!!!

But at RM1199!!! :faint:

16. zy

lolz u cant reallt understand what you said .. but after quoting you i understood :haha:

i dont know bout Race : WTCC :think: never seen before.

i always play with keyboard :mrgreen:

my carbon crash on my laptop .. but after updating the display driver (geforce 7400) it runs well

17. zachig

zachig Newbie

Damn...I've just installed the game and played a bit and I must say I'm VERY disspapointed!!! I liked the NFSU2 much more!!! Anyway, I haven't played too much, so I'll keep playing and give you my deep impressions later on, but really...I don't expect too much...:( :? Except for the graphics, which was improved a bit, but playability...damn...it's BORING!!! :wall: :doh:

18. werty316

werty316 Newbie

And another confirmation that the NFS series is boring :lol:

19. zachig

zachig Newbie

Now, after I just finished playing in it for about 2 hours, I can definitely say I've had enough...:(

Too bad I feel like that after playing ONLY for 2-3 hours...:(

Anyway, I agree with you werty, that this one particualrly is boring, but I disagree with you that all the series is boring. :naughty:

I definitely had great time playing both NFSU and NFSU2 and even more the last NFSMW!!!

I think that EA main problem is that they're releasing too many sequals in a very short time, without too much changes, and that's why it's getting boring...:?

20. Jet

Jet Just Started

I stop playing it now... Now is the time to lvling my WOW character...:mrgreen: :mrgreen: