R600 Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Max_87, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

2. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

Impressive scores and all, if they are really true, but I'm sure that the price will be just as impressinve as well.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm not really that impressed, being delayed for so long.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, it's not going to be cheap.

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

It is impressive, but that doesn't mean anything if it isn't being released early enough :lol:

6. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

As I see it, there's no rush to release a new product if there's nothing on the market to take advantage of the new feature set, (DX10), so there's no real reason to rush a new product out, take your time and get it right is a much better approach IMHO.

7. Chai

I think these new generation cards are more than just having DX10 support.

8. Artik2

Artik2 Newbie

I can't see the link. :wall:

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

That's odd... It was working fine :think:

10. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

True, they are faster, but the main feature is the DX10 thing. If you already and a fairly current card that plays games at acceptable speeds, there's no reason to pay out a months house payment for a card that you can't use it's main feature set.
    That is unless you have nothing better to do with your money and really want to try and impress folks with your "E" PeePee.

11. Chai

I think 8800GTX is in a league of its own.

You can really get decent image quality without worrying about low performance, even if you have 7900GTX, it's not completely possible.

12. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Is the R600 going to be too pricey? The benchmarks, are very good, but if it's too expensive, guys and girls are still going for the 8800GTX. :D

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

AFAIK In the high end graphics segment, there is no such thing as 'too pricey' :haha: Those lichers are always wiling to spend for the fastest graphics card no matter how much they costs.

14. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, it's a never-ending cycle. In six months or so, the 8800 GTX will probably be replaced by a faster card, and you will be able to buy it for much less than it is right now.

15. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

inq says R600 has been delayed for several weeks. hehehehe...poor AMD..