17"/19" LCD?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Gasjatt, Jan 24, 2007.

?

With respect to the 'viewing pleasure/price' ratio, which one would you get?

1. 17" LCD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 19" LCD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't care!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gasjatt

Gasjatt Newbie

19" LCDs are great for gaming, but then again, 17" LCDs are not bad and doesn't hurt your wallet that much.
    Just want to know what you people prefer, 17" or 19", with respect to the 'viewing pleasure/price' ratio

2. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Price diff between isn't that much.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

17" and 19" are the same, aren't they? Resolution wise, they are always 1280x1024. I would personally get 17" for space saving, but I bought 20" for 1600x1200.

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I would go for the 17"... unless the 19" comes with higher resolution :mrgreen: OR the price difference is very small...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  5. sunsetbay

sunsetbay Newbie

6. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

It's an interesting question.
    I'd love to have two screens side by side, and then 17" doesn't require quite as much space.
    For a single screen a 19" could be better wrt size.

As Chai pointed out; the price difference is small, but the difference that is there will allow you to get a technically better 17" screen at the same price as a slightly inferior 19" screen.

Cheers
    Olle

7. m0dD3r

m0dD3r Newbie

I voted for 19 although I have had a 17 for 3 years. The reason being is that my 17 is a low quality VGA monitor with ghosting and low sharpness and the 19 I'm about to get is a high quality DVI with no ghosting etc.. Interestingly enough, back when I got my 17 it was $240 and this really nice 19 I'm about to get is $200. Funny how things go like that.

8. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

17" for standard ratio LCD.
    19" for wide LCD.

:)

9. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I old man oledy, if it means I get to see a screen which is 2" bigger then I'll take the 2". :faint: :faint: :faint:

10. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

LOL same, I prefer the models with bigger dot pitch because it makes text a bit easier to read. Next screen for me will probably be a 22" (wide) :mrgreen:

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm one of the only few psychos who would love to have a 17" 1900x1200 display (drooling at Dell notebooks).

I hate to see dots. :p And high res on small screen is always a delight to look at (N90 and N80) :drool:

12. cypris

cypris Newbie

LOL I say WS 20" and up :p

13. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Viva CRT!!!:p :p :p

I got a 21"... I want larger (crt) but...:cry: :boohoo:

14. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Same here :mrgreen:

I want bigger resolution!! not bigger size!!

15. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

IMHO, I would go for resolution and then buy the smallest screen for that resolution. Why? It's the cheapest way to get the most dots. :haha: :haha:

16. dukeman

dukeman Newbie

i am looking for a good 21" lcd. i really need widescreen in bf2142

17. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmmm, I'd go for the highest res on the smallest screen... same as adrian's thoughts.

And chai, yeah, the M65 or M90 is my current 'target' perhaps next year I'll upgrade my machine :D Woohoo... damn. the rest will be higher than even my 20.1" Dell LCD. LMAO

18. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

work harder earn more bang a 20" n up :p

the bigger the mroe fun :p

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

i hate to read tiny font. my eyes just cant take it.
    so no 16x12 on 19inch for me.

20. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yea, it's a matter of preference. But I love small fonts! LMAO :haha: