more Intel chips coming...

Discussion in 'News' started by ChampionLLY, Feb 14, 2007.

1. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

time to update the comparison guide again?
    seems like intel's not gonna kill the "pentium" brand they spent billions to market..

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, they are spending a LOT of money now trying to move people away from the Pentium to the new Core processors.

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

pentium now in between core2duo & celeron ? :think:

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

The Pentium is still there - I think I read it somewhere else that it'll be named as 'E' series. Still they are in the mid-range section. The Celeron is still very good - I really want to know how does it fare. It could be better than these original Prescotts P4 maybe? rolleyes:

5. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

but then they are not giving up the pentium name..
    seems like now pentium is stuck between c2d & celeron, how weird..

& i thought intel cancelled conroeL a few mth ago?
    now they wanna launch it AGAIN?

6. brajko2

brajko2 Newbie

Well I have similar rig like The_YongGrand..
    Cause I was sick and tired of spending much of my $$$ over the years. So I'll wait until 22. April and then I'll purchase on of the Conroes..
    But what surprizes me the most is that Intel is having so much price dumps in last couple of months! I remember when they have dumped the prices once in two years :)
    Well AMD's A64 has really kick ass on P4...
    So we should all be happy that they did. And because of that we now have so many price dumps from Intel..
    Yey...

7. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

they are reducing prices recently to make it difficult for amd's launch of barcelona to be competitive

8. m0dD3r

m0dD3r Newbie

Whatever it is Intel is doing, it sure is working and making some awesome deals on super fast CPU's for us!!!