Canon EOS-1D Mark III, 10 mp, 10 fps

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Falcone, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LICH LICH LICH!!!

Few years ago, 1Ds was 11MP. Today you can buy a 1Ds camera at 10fps! Nuts...

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

4. Chai

Sorry, the most likely purchase I will even attempt is a D3H. I'm not going to switch camp definitely. :mrgreen:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  5. Falcone

For me I'm happy with my D70s, and should I need to upgrade it will be the D200 Series, maybe D300. :faint: :faint: :faint:

6. Seblington

Seblington Newbie

Hello all! long time no posts!!!

I actually was this month going to buy the D1n MKII as I wanted a super shooting camera, I am so sick of my DFC-828 with its limited 7 frame shoot, and the noise at 400, so many shots lost. The Mk III looks and sounds fantastic, I have got £2200 and for the huge step up for an extra £800, it seems worth it, though my brother will say I will never use it properly :p

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Hey long time no see! :D

How is Cooper? :D

Well, you'll be able to enjoy the features and capabilities of it. Just pair it up with some good lens that serve your purpose. :D

8. peti1212

peti1212 Newbie

Wow, this camera takes incredible pictures. Do you think it is worth the price though? $3999?

9. Falcone

Hey long time no post. :wave: :wave: :wave:

I got three words for you....BUY!BUY!BUY! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

10. Chai

I think a 30D or maybe 40D (not released) will be more than good enough for you.

11. Seblington

Seblington Newbie

Hello, I must admit I have been away from photography for a while but now I want to go pro, I am going to get the camera as soon as it comes out, £3K is a lot of money but I think its worth it, especially after seeing some of the fantastic results (Being a Noob to the camera will not help though). I have been playing with photography and have a few pics for you, I will submit in a new thread.

12. Chai

Well, you don't really need a 1D Mk3 to be a pro. It depends what are your needs as a pro. What do you intend to do? There are many pros using older 1D series, or even 10D, 20D or 30D. And don't forgot you need to spend a lot more for good lenses.

13. Seblington

Seblington Newbie

One of the reasons I was going for the D1 MKII n was the 8 fps, I want to be able to catch fast moving objects, the MKIII has better everything, its not a 3 year old design and it has the gimmick I use on my Sony, preview mode. I have had Sonies for about 6 years, to be quite honest I have been let down with the noise levels and a lot of lag taking pictures and focusing, the MK III is probably a lot more than I need and then some but I want one and cant think of a better way of spending the cash right now :D

14. Chai

Have you already thought about the lenses? Most of us spend more on the lenses than the body itself.

8fps only meant that you can capture a lot of shots continuously, not for capturing fast moving object. You can have a camera capable of capturing 30fps, but if the auto focus is still very slow, it will still not able to get you focused shots.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  15. peti1212

peti1212 Newbie

Oh, I am not thinking abou buying one, i was just wondering what you think abou the price. A lot, or not a lot.

16. Chai

Crap, I was trying to quote Seblington, sorry.

Worth it? It depends whether you need it or not. It's like buying a Ferrari and asking me the same question. If I can afford it, I think it's worth it.

17. Seblington

Seblington Newbie

The camera has a nice ISO range and a nice shutter speed, I can not remember the name given for the focusing during tracking shots or to focus each time a photo is taken and I know that the D400 has it, I hope this camera does too, as for lenses, I will probably splash out on one new lenses every 2 months until I have about 5 different types, most of my photos are general shots, I want a macro and a telephoto, the other would be a wide angle but I really don’t know what to look for at the moment, that’s why I got TP to help me, plus he has loads of lenses for the D400 so I can have a play around, as for the price? I think it is worth it, it would be the most expensive thing I have brought apart from a car and a house, I have paid less for some of my cars than this! Once I get it I will give a full opinion if it, hope others here are thinking of getting one too.

18. Chai

You need very good lenses to utilise this beast properly, especially wide angles. Some wide angle lenses on 400D will not work on 1D.

Wow, TBH, this is the first time I hear someone jumping to a pro SLR immediately. You have a very steep learning curve.

19. Seblington

Seblington Newbie

I think its steeper than steep though things for me are changing for the better cash wise and I have a substantial amount of money for the camera already, I am not much of a reader, I get my brother to do that then ask him to explain it to me :p

1 person likes this.
  20. He can borrow my lenses, along as I can borrow his cam ;p