Nvidia plans DX10 cards for AGP

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by PowerSlide, Feb 22, 2007.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

hooray :haha: :haha: :haha:

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37790

2. dukeman

dukeman Newbie

so much for the death of AGP. it just keeps going and going

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think AGP will take another 3-4 years to die out. In the meantime, NVIDIA can definitely make money from this shrinking but still substantial captive market. :think:

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

i think very little will really pick this AGP card up. might as well spend some money in a new rig rather than spending more to keep running on an old one.

5. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

but still alot ppl with their s939 nf3 or pentium 4 would buy this..

i personally wont..this will cost alot..i rather die once upgrade to pcie

6. peti1212

peti1212 Newbie

It think it is great, but I don't really see the use for it. Even if you would get one of those cards, you would still not be able to play on great resolution and quality, since the processor or something else would hold you back.

7. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

The best 478 you can use with a good DX10 AGP is still Pentium 4 3.0GHz Prescott.

The best 462 you can use is an Athlon XP 3200+.

Or maybe some boards retrofitted with 865 chipset which guys and girls still want to recycle their DDR RAM sticks and with a Core e4300 or an E6300 can use the card well enough.

So if you want to recycle the RAM sticks and not really afford to change the whole platform you can grab a cheap 865 chipset board, and with a Pentium D 915 or an E4300, and also a good DX10 AGP, you are still in the gamer's world. But make sure it's not too expensive. :D

8. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

dun forget ppl on nf3 with s939 proc..:mrgreen: