r600 delayed again

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by PowerSlide, Feb 22, 2007.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

not again LOL

http://www.guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=5001

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Ahhh.. NVIDIA must be breathing a sigh of relief. :mrgreen:

But they had better not rest too long. They still have a lot of work to do on the Vista drivers.

3. brajko2

brajko2 Newbie

I have to say that I don't like this delay. Nvidia is clearly domination the graphic cards market with it's 7xxx series.. And now 8xxx....
    ATI has really must do much of a job to be able to equally compete with Nvidia. And not to mention that it has to have competitive price...

4. Adrian Wong

Actually, if what Max_87 told me about the ATI Vista driver is correct, I think ATI is far ahead of NVIDIA as far as Vista goes. They have a real advantage here. If only they can get the hardware out fast... and in working order.

If the R600 is too expensive, hot, buggy and/or too few in quantity, then ATI's going to be in trouble. But if they can get the R600 out in quantity and working as advertised, they will trump NVIDIA. NVIDIA's driver is still far from par.

5. dukeman

dukeman Newbie

i agree. if this card works like they say then nvidia is in trouble.

in order to get my 8800gts to work properly i had to reformat my computer, the drivers were and are terrible.

6. Adrian Wong

Yeah, the drivers are currently very bad. Hey, have you tried the new v.100.64 driver? It's supposed to correct a lot of problems with the 8800 GTS.

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

even if the R600 is fast and the driver is good, NV wont be in trouble at all. trust me. the last i was told, in APEC alone they have already swept almost 80%. NV has already flown solo for 4 months (close to 5, maybe 6 when R600 finally becomes available) NO vista driver? consider NV having a good run of luck since the majority do not want to upgrade to this new OS as we speak...everyone is waiting for his/her respective app to be ported over, and this can easily take up a few months, or maybe even quarters. This is NOT just NV driver alone.. so they still have time to patch thing up. NV are lucky this round, but this is expected.

there are simply too many uncertainties at ATI when AMD took over. NV has never been in trouble in the past several quarters. but when AMD get strongers, than yes it will be a thread, but that's gonna be a while to go..