Intel to slash price on april 22nd

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by PowerSlide, Jan 30, 2007.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

woot!..cheap C2D n nice midend dx10 cards anyone? makes a darn good value system to build :thumb:

http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/news.php?tid=735045&starttime=0&endtime=0

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Dang.. Too bad I just couldn't wait. :wall: :wall:

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

lich sure cant wait :p

4. Adrian Wong

Not lich... necessity. :(

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Perfect time to get E6600! RM800+...

6. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Damn! Now I need to wait just a few more months.:doh:

7. CoolZone

CoolZone Newbie

i just wait to buy a q6400

8. dukeman

dukeman Newbie

the good thing is i will have my tax return back by then so maybe i could convince the wife to give me some of my money back

doubtful but hopeful

9. Adrian Wong

Well, no matter what happens, all the best, dukeman!! :beer:

10. Fabulous

Fabulous Newbie

hmmm with c2d coming out with a price slash i'm more interested in now upgrading. but still i would at least want to see the new release processor from amd still before i make up my mind. :roll:

11. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

The newer Celeron Ds are getting better and better - I suspect they might even surpass the single core Athlon 64s for AM2 platform. If they are priced CHEAP enough, oh my goodness, this thing can work like ANY single Athlon 64s in the market currently.

Oh - I'm no Intel fanboy here, or no AMD fanboy too - but the Celeron Ds are getting interesting every day. Just look at the current 512K ones - they are magnificient! I can overclock my Celeron D 347 (3.06GHz, 533FSB, 512K) to 3.8GHz, prime for 2hrs (well, these are basic home use stress) and still not throttling down WITH stock heatsink. Benchmarks? 25% increase in performance. :D

edit: Okay - Semprons are interesting too - they are less hot - and that's why they overclock nicely too. But the cache is a little bit... lacking. But that's fine for daily use.

12. brajko2

brajko2 Newbie

Those E4300 is really a good processor, but too bad Intel decided to have such a large price (here in Europe E4300 is only 10$ cheaper then e6300) on it. So user will have to wait until 22nd of April for prices to fall. While AMD has dropped it's prices 2/3 times in half a year period.
    Look like somethings never change, and one of it's that Intel always has it's (initial) expensive launch of it's processors.

13. silverchair

silverchair Newbie

Dang! i cant wait too! would it be cut into half too in montreal canada? :dance:

14. Adrian Wong

It's a worldwide price slash. :beer:

15. Demolator

Demolator Newbie

AMD..!! :wave:
    AMD..!! AMD..!! :wave:
    AMD..!! AMD..!! AMD..!! :wave:
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Umm.... :roll:

You mean not to buy right? :p

17. Trinity

The day is here! Newegg already showing the lower prices!

So who is buying?:mrgreen:

18. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

DYKT: So is here!!!

19. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Will be getting the E4300 already with the latest pricing! Wow... a drop of 30%!!! :D

20. Trinity

I still may go with e6600... i wan tat 4MB cache!:drool: