Forward/Reverse Parking

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dashken, Mar 1, 2007.

?

Which one do you prefer? Reverse or forward parking?

1. Forward

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Reverse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Apala... I don't drive!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

WHich one do you prefer? For me, I prefer Forward, just drive right in. I dunno why some people likes to reverse parking. I think it's a waste of time. :mrgreen:

Or maybe they dunno how to reverse from the parking lot? :think:

Isn't it harder to reverse parking than forward park and reverse out? :faint:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I like reverse park because it's easier to side park, if the spot is wide enough, I only have to reverse once.

For straight parking, it takes longer time to park (longer time to get to office), easier to get out of parking (faster to get home). :p

3. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

i cnt forward park properly.. i prefer backside in first :twisted:

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

wow..u definitely know how to enjoy..:p :haha: :haha:

5. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

i have a hard time reverse parcking with my truck.. it's strange cause you can't see the end of the truck, so i don't know if i'm going to hit the car behind..

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It depends on the type of car park lot.

If you are talking about parallel lots, then I prefer to just go right in (forward parking).

But when it comes to serial lots, I prefer reverse parking as it is easier to park that way.

BTW, I hear that Singaporeans prefer to reverse park, even for parallel lots. I can never understand why... :think:

7. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

The only type of parking that I could do would be forward parking.
    But reversing out out of a parking bay is something that I have difficulties with!

I'm also crap at reverse-parallel & reverse parking.

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well the proper way to do side parking is to reverse in first. :D That way its only a usual 3 step way. Also its the only way if you have a big car. :p That is unless everything is empty, then by all means dive straight in like you own the place. :lol:

As for parking lots, again it depends. If its one of those small lots, I prefer to reverse in, so you can get out easily. But here in the states, parking is humongous. lol. I just zip straight in.

9. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Ever had to reverse out of a parking lot in Singapore? Limited space to maneouvre, cars and people moving all the time behind you, 5 cars with impatient drivers waiting to take your space... :haha:

10. Chai

I used forward parking for parallel parking today, because the car is facing the exit now. :haha:

11. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. I never had problem parking in Singapore... except for some residential areas with very limited parking. :mrgreen:

Anyway, if they are waiting for your parking lot, they had better back away and protect your exit! After all, the faster you get out, the earlier they get their parking lot. :mrgreen:

I think narrow parking and impatient drivers are actually more prevalent here in Malaysia. We have so many cars... and so few parking lots. That encourages car park operators to squeeze the size of the lot. :wall:

12. redness

redness Newbie

Forward parking for shopping mall and other type of parking lot. It is faster this way to race the other guy into the empty lot. :D

I will use reverse parking for parallel parking, because that is the only way I can properly fit the car into a tight spot.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL! What I meant is actually parallel parking.. :D

14. redness

redness Newbie

Oh LOL!
    Guess I didnt caught the question right. hehe

But yeah, reverse parking if doing parallel.

15. Chai

Crap, I got confused with serial and parallel. Which is which???

Side = reverse
    Straight = forward

16. Adrian Wong

Parallel parking is if you have a row of cars lined up front to back.

Serial parking is if you have a row of cars parked side by side.

17. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

reverse in both...if i'm in the hurry only then i'll forward

18. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

My company 'specify' reverse parking as the norm...for safety reason in case of emergencies. Easier to come out from the parking lots kua.:cool:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Eh, why your 2 posts like contradiction only. First post you sound like parallel is forward parking like in shopping complexes carparks. And serial like side parking. But in 2nd post, opposite already. :faint:

What do you call this...

[​IMG]
    Straight parking?

And those by the road side is side parking.

Which one is parrallel and which is serial>? :faint:

20. Chai

Serillel (ala Abit)? :haha: