Intel to adjust CPU pricing - before April 22nd

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by brajko2, Mar 1, 2007.

1. brajko2

brajko2 Newbie

A Chinese-language Economic Daily News (EDN) report is indicating that Intel plans to cut prices for selective single-core Pentium 4 (P4) and entry-level dual-core CPUs in the range of 5-10% before April 22.

Intel had originally planned to introduce a massive price cut on April 22, but after AMD announced price cuts on February 12 for 17 desktop Athlon 64 single- and dual-core CPUs, Intel has decided to adjust its pricing earlier than expected, the report noted.

Channel distributors stated that price reduction will focus on entry-level and mainstream CPUs, with 820 and 915 series prices expected to drop 5-10% to around US$80.

Intel has only recently updated its official January pricing, with most of its most recent price cuts being for Pentium 4, Pentium D and Celeron D processors.

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20070228VL201.html

Well in this thread you can read that it will take place on 22nd, but is's quite a pleasent surprize from Intel to do it before
    http://forums.techarp.com/showthread.php?t=21977

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

W00T!! This is going to allow many people to get an early upgrade. :mrgreen:

3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Price cuts FTW!!!!! :dance:

4. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

sigh...i'm just going to build my third A64 rig...i guess it will be for another year or two before my next upgrade..

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

cmon...whats up with the sigh man..
    a64 is still a good chip..

majority wont feel the power of the Core 2 Duo..trust me..

6. brajko2

brajko2 Newbie

Well this isn't quite interesting news for me.. since I've replaced my Prescott with e6300. Intel is just replacing it's old generation of old P4 processors. And on 22nd of April will just have to wait and see how much Intel will really drop prices of it's 4300/6300 series of processors.

7. genzy

genzy Newbie

:clap: Such good news for those planning to update.

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

It's June. Intel had already reduced the prices. ;)

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL, these people are obviously trying to post garbage just to win the contest. :p