Has the Sony seen its day?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Seblington, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Seblington

Seblington Newbie

I have a Sony DFC-828 and I am wondering if the sensor has become noisier, I took some snaps last night trying to get a nice running shot of Cooper, using Iso 400, it looks terrible

[​IMG]

This one was not too bad but the next was done in the same settings

[​IMG]
    Here is another photo, looks very sort to me.

[​IMG]
    Does the sensor have a life span on it (Like years rather than for as long as the camera lives)?

Cant wait for the Canon MK III :D

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Looks perfectly ok to me. You can't expect a tiny sensor on F828 to perform as well as DSLR, do you?

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It looks ok. Cooper is really fierce looking (in the first pic)! :D

4. Seblington

Seblington Newbie

To be quite honest I am not sure as I have not had a DSLR yet and I am sure the Sony use to handle low level light better than this, does it become less sensitive over age within a few years?

5. Chai

I used an F717 before, I could even see noise at ISO100. You shouldn't worry about the noise and concentrate on the phototaking. And you can also use various methods to reduce noise at ISO400, like increasing exposure using exposure compensation.

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

You could also post edit it out as well.

There are programs such as neat image.

7. I was there for the first two photos, and the light was very low, so I think the Sony did well

Shot taken with iso 800 f5.6 s 160 (350D)

Images are of raw and post process

Attached Files:

8. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i do think over time, the sensors or something in the camera really degrades :think:

i used to have an old digicam which takes pretty decent pictures. but it has been performing poorly so i've stop using it for something already :faint:

9. Chai

My D2H is about 3 years old, other than 3 stuck pixels, it looks fantastic at ISO200.