1. I Have nothing better to do, so thought I would talk about my new ” Intel Core 2 Quad”. I have been playing with it for a bit on my MB Abit IN9 32X MAX, and have it clocked at 3Ghz (4x3Ghz) per core with no probs :) , I’m a novice at clocking so I think it can do more, but why would I need it :p

If you have the cash and want a good chip, I would recommend this one, as I haven’t managed to stress it yet (well apart from 3dMark bench test)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  2. V2-V3

V2-V3 "0104"

w/ my QX6700 ES and a Koolance CPU 330 Block i can hold 3.6 Orthos Stable for 24 HR @ 1.55Vcore ~47C
    anything above 3.6 and it becomes a very power hungry chip.

I can get up to 4.16GHZ but it wont remain stable for more than 1HR on Orthos

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  3. i worry about burring out my chip >< i want this one to last atleast 3 years... so i think i will stick at 3Ghz

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

What motherboard did you use to overclock that QX6700?

5. V2-V3

V2-V3 "0104"

I used an EVGA 680i
    2GB Micron D9GKX
    and Koolance Water blocks

Keep it cool, dont exceed 1.6Vcore and your chip should last longer than 3 years

6. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Quad core.... LICH!!! 4 gig ram!!!:faint:

Damn, I wish I had that kind of cash to throw around.:faint:

Nice rig!!!:clap:

7. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Cool toy you have! Quad cores... you can do anything with 4x of the power...

... provided if the software supports it. Anyway, those heavy-duty mathematical programs, protein folding stuff and those calculation-heavy machines (MRI, NMR) require these to work as fast as possible.

If my university has one of these MRI thingy, heck, I demanded them for a Xeon Quad. :D