ED#47 : Dead LAN & Frozen Mice In Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, May 24, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Everyone loves to hate Windows Vista, but you can't blame some of them when they hit snags that never happened in Windows XP. Take, for example, our recent problems with LAN controllers inexplicably dying or USB mice freezing randomly.

We expect it will take Microsoft and their partners about a year or so to eventually solve these teething problems. Fortunately, some problems have a workaround.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#47 : Dead LAN & Frozen Mice In Windows Vista

2. DXMage

DXMage Newbie

Is there a USB power saving feature on the system board? How about making sure that legacy support in USB is turned on in BIOS? Are all power saving features in Vista and BIOS are turned off?

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

my only problem with vista is that my WiFi connection dies on me after certain time :p but it was with stock drivers.. i've upgraded to the latest intel drivers and so far i havent encouter the problem yet...

in my opinion, stock microsoft driver sucks :p

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

It depends. The stock drivers for my Gigabit LAN is better than the one provided by Marvell. For WiFi, yea, Intel ProSet drivers are usually good :)

But so far, I've no problems with my mouse nor LAN when i go on stand-by mode. Hmmm

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

ED#47 : Dead LAN & Frozen Mice In Windows Vista Rev. 2.0

Everyone loves to hate Windows Vista, but you can't blame some of them when they hit snags that never happened in Windows XP. Take, for example, our recent problems with LAN controllers inexplicably dying or USB mice freezing randomly.

We expect it will take Microsoft and their partners about a year or so to eventually solve these teething problems. Fortunately, some problems have a workaround.

Fortunately, the wait was not long as we have finally found the simple solution to these problems. It's easier than what we once thought. Read on and find out. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

Link : ED#47 : Dead LAN & Frozen Mice In Windows Vista Rev. 2.0