canoscan 4200f driver in vista dont installs

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Thunderstroke, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Thunderstroke

Thunderstroke Newbie

hi there:wave:
    I got an canoscan 4200F that will not install in vista 32, i have downloaded the new 32 vista supportdrivers from canon. It does unzip, and begin installing (atleast i think so couse my hdd runs like crazy after I chose to run the prog). After a while nothing happens,vista runs like normal but no scanner found or messages that someting is going on. (in xp atleast a canon installs bla bla bla message comes up). Ive tried to run as admin to but the same there to. both with and without usb cable mounted in pc (yes and in scanner) :p) I read somewhere the virusprogs can interfear, so i tried that to,,same thing, no install. When I put the usb in computer it does find canoscanner, but no driverfiles, tried to refere where to find them, and do find one inf file, but its no scanner or anything listed there either. I see on net that it IS a 32 vista supported scanner and that most people have no problems, but i do..:wall: .HELP. please anyone.:pray:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Are you referring to the 4200F Scanner Driver Ver. 8.6.1.1 (Windows Vista) released in Jan, 2007?

In any case, some ZIP executable files are designed only to extract but not launch the installer. I suggest you run the executable and see where it extracts the files to. Then go to the folder and run the setup.exe or installer file.

3. Thunderstroke

Thunderstroke Newbie

4200F Scanner Driver Ver. 8.6.1.1 jan 2007 Yes, and i have tried to install it bye running it, also tried to extract all the zippfiles and run each setup, but non good, no install.. Also i do have the right version (32 bits vista) and the 32 bits drivers.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

If the driver package comes in ZIP format and when you extract it, it extracts into lotsa files including .inf, .sys, .ini, etc. How about right-click on your canoscan in Device Manager, Properties and choose Update Driver. Then search the folder that you extracted the drivers to. :think:

5. Thunderstroke

Thunderstroke Newbie

I have tried that to, it only find that there is a .inf file there, the "model" icon turns blue, but no names or information of any driver or model(scanner) or another names is shown..that'l say,,,not the right inf.file? Ive even tried to point to the old inffile, that i used in xp, but that did not work eighter..:(

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's odd. That should be the correct drive installation file.

Have you tried contacting Canon about this? :think:

If it still doesn't work, try using the old 32-bit Windows XP driver. That's what I'm doing for my old Canon scanner.