ED#38 : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX/GTS' Killer Bug

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Ever since NVIDIA released their revolutionary GeForce 8800 GTX and GeForce 8800 GTS graphics cards, users have been complaining about the poor Vista driver support and how these expensive cards have failed to improve their performance in games.

But poor drivers may not be the reason for the poor gaming performance,. There is more to it, brace yourselves as we uncover the truth behind it.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#38 : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX/GTS' Killer Bug

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  2. syncrod

syncrod Newbie

april's fool!!?!?

right?
    :?

3. ianho

ianho Newbie

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Where got such thing? I don't miss any targets in FPS games n most certainly am not clickoing on wrong units in RTS games. APRIL FOOL! I'll only be too happy if the report is true coz I will receive 2 brand new 8900GTX when they appear. Kekekekeke.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hehe.. Well, some gamers I know always blame their equipment. :wicked:

Frankly, better graphics cards and other gaming devices can't help you much if you are a bad gamer. :haha:

5. Nice one. :clap: Fooled me with that one. :clap:

6. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Glad you liked it. :beer:

7. whheezzzz

whheezzzz Newbie

Thats crap Wong IT is serious there is a MEMORY bug that does affect FPS in games to where after several seconds or so of gameing the FPS gets cut in half or worse, they say ALT-TABing can help sometimes and Nvidia has stated that they are aware of the problem and were suppose to issue a fix before JULY ended well being nvidia it hasnt happend yet. Beleive me its not because your other components are bottlenecking it or straining for more power many people have replaced PSU,CPU,RAM,MOBO and use multiple driver versions only to find out that is not the prob its the DAMN DRIVERS BE more serious next time WONG not everyone has money to burn on $300,$600 plus graphics cards only to find out it acts like a 5200:mad:

8. whheezzzz

whheezzzz Newbie

I see that no ones posting about the Memory bug.must be working for Nvidia

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

LMAO :haha:

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Please re-read the article thoroughly...

LMAO! :haha:

11. Adrian Wong

Dang... I can't believe you are still falling for it! :shock: :mrgreen: :beer:

12. whheezzzz

whheezzzz Newbie

well it is kind of weird that i myself and a few people ive talked to and various blogs,forums are haveing the memory leak in their GTS 320 and 640 models where the game is going great for a few mins and then the FPS just drastically drops by 70% or more,and yes i did read it carefully april fools blah blah im not talking about the stupid rendering scenes incorectly,thats obviously crap but the memory leak is real wether you guys like it or not, just because your guys C2DXXX's are fine dosent mean other peoples arent,and yes this is driver related,the drivers for the 8800 series cards have been crap from day 1 and the Alt-tab trick works sometimes but most of the time not.Im sure that it isnt a bad batch of GPU's im certain its the drivers, thats what IM talking about
    P.S. and come on a free trip to Nvida HQ and a free luch yeah right lame, but once again thats not what im refering to

13. whheezzzz

whheezzzz Newbie

14. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

We never said that the memory leak issue is fake :haha:

15. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

It's generally an in engine problem whereby programmers took good programming habits for granted and didn't implement proper resource release and instead hoping for the drivers to do it.

16. whheezzzz

whheezzzz Newbie

Well thats what I was talking about was the memory bug,i saw this article which i knew was a joke and it just kind of got me upset because there is a REAL problem hindering this GPU and this article just kinda annoyed be,instead of posting something thats fake why not post about the real problem of this particular series of Nvidia cards,taht way maybe with your voice people will maybe find work arounds and fixes sooner

17. whheezzzz

whheezzzz Newbie

So what does one do from here who owns a 8800 GTS 320 that is being affected by this ? return it for another hopeing its not affected? i bought mine from a local nerd shop and its past the return policy EVGA. I guess i can RMA it or do the upgrade thing within 90 days, its just really dishearting when you throw down $300 plus for a kick me in my ass vid card and it runs like a snail in mollases :wall:

18. empire23

empire23 BRB. Attacking Russia

It's not a hardware issue because the API is the one that assigns and delegates resources. It's probably a combination of problems being lousy drivers and badly programmed game engines. It's just a case of programs eating up tex memory without giving it up once it's done with it.

Just kick back and relax, i'm sure Nvidia will release a new driver update that will have a proper replacement policy.

19. Adrian Wong

Yeah, driver bugs are solvable... eventually. :mrgreen: It's the hardware bugs that are a big problem.