Did u know that...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by athlonxp, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

DYKT: Arsenal won 2-0. Now, that's a close one. Wigan is just too defensive, clean and somehow GOOD. Man U lost 0-1 to Bolton. Thanks to Anelka for the 11' goal. :beer: :dance: :dance: :dance: :thumb:

WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave: :wave: :wave:

2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

it's time to sell some hardware :lol:

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

DYKT: I was bored stiff there. :o

But I guess you could go watch some shows that involves tigers.. :haha:

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

dykt: i have successfully made my first, very primitive version of ECG machine? The ingredients: :dance:

one uA741 op amp (can get for 80¢ each)

one 1 megaohm resistor

one 1 kiloohm resistor

some wires and some 1¢ coins for the electrodes (look fake, but it works partially - either use a gel, shampoo or K.Y lubricant. Man, I can't find electrodes for EKG system here...)

one trimmer pot (if you can't find 27K resistors!)

one 0.1 microfarad capacitor

The recepie: Uh... make a feedback system with non-inverting input for the electrodes, all over the uA741, with the R1 = 1M ohm and R2 = 1K ohm. Then for the output, add a low-pass filter, with 27K resistor (or a trimmer pot/variable resistor tuned to almost 27K or 26.5K to be precise, with a multimeter), and hook it up with a line-in jack.

Then, plug it into the comp, use line-in jack, (warning: computer must be properly grounded. if you are not sure, use a spare unused computer to experiment with it first!) and use a free software
    such as Audacity to see the waves. (goodness, what a way to *substitute* an oscillator! well, I suggested a real one loh...)

Here's the picture, in the attachment! :)

The low-pass filter is for the removal of irritating 60Hz AC hum.

Unfortunately there are flaws in the output, where the RS could be only seen. The P, Q and T are badly swamped by another noise. Also, the signal isn't fully amplified yet - there are more improvisations:

1.) Use an instrumentation amplifier (AD620 or equivalent). But they are damn expensive, about RM24 each. So I decided to construct one by myself, using 3 uA741s (that's pretty tough stuff!)

2.) High-pass filter must be there too.

I'm now attempting to construct the instrumentation amp too... hope it works better... :haha:

Attached Files:

5. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

DYKT: Just came back from resort... woohoo! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: HEPPI DAYS1:beer: :hug: :thumb:

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

DYKT : I wish I could??? :twisted:

7. The_YongGrand

Walau... quite desperate for a nice vacation? :)

Gotta plan ahead... vacation is quite costly task nowadays. You are thinking of bringing a whole family, including in-laws? :)

8. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

DYKT: You could always wait & save up till next year, provided that the GF/ wife is patient!:haha:

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

DYKT: I'm going back home tomorrow? :mrgreen:

10. Adrian Wong

DYKT : This is the problem with girls....

DYKT : Girls (at least over here) want everything to be FREE and come with free gifts, free delivery, extended warranty, special service, available instantly, etc. :nuts:

11. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

DYKT: if ur definition of "over here" is "over here on Earth", i think i will agree with you.

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Huh? LMAO! You have other unearthly experience with some unearthly females before? :shock: :faint: :faint: :faint:

Hey, seriously... do tell!

13. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

DYKT: that's a universal truth.

DYKT: guys can always marry another guy if they find woman so intolerable :haha: :haha:

14. Adrian Wong

DYKT : Perhaps that's why gay marriages are on the rise??? :wicked: :haha: :haha:

15. The_YongGrand

Walao... sex can be changed nowadays... :haha:

dykt: just installed that new Ikea computer desk. It's called Fredrik. Last sunday me and family couldn't assemble the desk so well, so I have to call the guys there to assemble again. Ugh... it's a painful assembly technique - the manual book has errors inside!! :wall: Thank goodness, the table is already up well and good. :haha:

dykt: I'm constructing a better ECG with 3 op-amps? Will update you with the results later. Now still in the process of fixing. :haha:

16. Adrian Wong

DYKT : I just came back from Cineleisure where I got thoroughly pissed at the management and fired a tirade at the manager?

DYKT : It was a matter of principle... or I better keep my temper in check... :think:

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Got story? Please do tell. :mrgreen:

DYKT: I'm wondering how can I improve my blog. Posting technical-related entry every other day is something quite hard to maintain. LOL! :D

18. Adrian Wong

DYKT : I will go post it up in my blog soon.

DYKT : I'm tired of being pushed around as a customer. Here in Malaysia, customers have NO rights! :mad:

19. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

DYKT: i meant every girl on earth is the same :haha:

DYKT: the nearest you can get to have experience with unearthly females would probably be at a cosplay convention :haha: :haha:

20. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

DYKT: My mom asked me:"How much did you spend on that water filter? :evil: "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :haha: :haha:

Attached Files: