HP + Vista = trouble ?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by zy, Dec 9, 2007.

1. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

hey guys, any of you uses hp & vista ? LOL ...

i find many of my friends who bought hp laptops/desktops have load of problem with vista in less than a month ....

seems like hp's drivers / application on vista isn't stable ?

my friends :

desktop - vista - not stable. (formatted to XP, was hell .. hp doesnt have XP drivers for this model on their site)

laptop - vista - LCD lid button problem - LCD light doesn't not turn on after opening lid (only once in a while it turns on)

laptop - vista - laggy (she sent it back to hp)

laptop - vista - lost networking / corrupted driver

laptop - vista - OS curropted.

:wall: 3 out of 4 laptops are new. desktop is new too :faint:

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

The HP vista laptop that my dad got is working fine. :think:

3. terry99

terry99 Newbie

Bliss

HP Laptop + Vista = Happiness: :dance:

4. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

Setup 3 new HP laptops and a desktop on Vista. No problems at all. Updates grabbed or not?

5. zy

clean install vista or hp's vista ? :think:

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Is there a difference? :D

7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Of course got... customizations, etc. OOBE will be different, patch, quick/hotfixes, etc. :D

8. Adrian Wong

You can download the same patches what. :D

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

And most important of all, the HP OEM licensing.

10. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Weird. Sounds like bad drivers support.

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Nope, not all. There are many hotfixes and quickfixes that are only available for OEM. You can download from sites like thehotfixshare.net but most of the time, Microsoft have newer versions. Like what happened to KB929637, I downloaded from thehotfixshare which was an older version from the one I get from Microsoft. :D

This apply to drivers as well. Even though you buy a 8600GTS from Dell, the video driver provided maybe customized by NVIDIA for Dell's PC only. :)

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

perhaps you can write an excellent hotfix guide for us :thumb: like the WPE guide

13. Adrian Wong

Yeah! :thumb:

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Huh?
    Har? :faint: :faint: :faint:

WPE Guide is easy. Can extend somemore to include bootable CD and a few other stuffs (which I'm not familiar with :mrgreen: ) but hotfix guide? Just install la... or go support.microsoft.com and search. :mrgreen:

15. zy

:think: i didnt know they have custom updates /faint i thought microsoft will host all the drivers including OEM customized drivers since it based on the hardware IDs.

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Nah, MS won't provide all of the drivers. HP will have all that. Update wise, I think that would be from MS but updated drivers and crap will be from HP.

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

There are many quick/hotfixes which are not available to the public and only to those who subscribe to MS's repository of updates, fixes, etc. You get updates on new fixes and bugs. :thumb:

MS said that they will host all the drivers from since before Vista launch. But well, it's Microsoft, I think they have more stuffs on their hands than to update the online drivers all the time. :D

18. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Updated drivers are not a big deal, but they should provide other updates and fixes to EVERYONE, instead of just OEMs. :hand:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Well, maybe coz OEMs subscribe to their repository? I think anyone who becomes a subcriber can have the non-free updates. :D

And there are many fixes which apply to OEMs only due to their requests, etc.

20. Adrian Wong

Err.. The point is, if you BUY their software, you should be treated equally as even a major OEM. If they can get those updates, why not a puny little owner of a retail copy of Windows?