Who The Heck Is The "Silent Majority"???

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Like Marina Mahathir, I too foamed at the mouth when I read the drivel posted in the newspaper. This is why I ceased subscribing to newspapers like The Star. If you catch me buying The Star, it's really for the movie listing and comics. If I want news, I go online because that's the only bastion of press freedom in Malaysia.

Anyway, my latest rant is over a new spin campaign by the government and their agents. To combat BERSIH and HINDRAF, government agents have concocted a new umbrella body called Damai Malaysia. Damai is short for Peace, but in all honesty, I think it really stands for Piss. :haha:

While I do not quite agree with some aspects of HINDRAF, at least they did not have the arrogance to claim that they represent the majority. Heck, only the government has had the arrogance to make such claims.

It is therefore NO surprise that this new umbrella body, Damai, has claimed to represent the silent majority. How odd! I do not recall Damai ever asking ME about the issue. Heck, I have NEVER even heard of Damai in my entire life! :confused:

Who the heck is Damai? And who are these 395 NGOs it claims to represent?? I don't know, but someone who did a quick check had this to say, "I googled DAMAI, and got a disabled organization of Selangor & WP." :haha: :haha:

Okay, the government agents probably usurped the name of a disabled organization just because it sounds nice. Heck, who doesn't like peace? But it's obviously a very last minute thing. Until the newspaper report, no one in Malaysia has ever heard of Damai.

Which makes me wonder how the heck did they come up with such a freaking thick memorandum??? See the attached picture. That is a truly monstrous volume. I dare say it's a LOT thicker than my medical textbook! :haha: :haha:

It took doctors and medical researchers centuries to come up with the knowledge to fill a medical textbook. I must say it is a real achievement for a new umbrella body to come up with such a thick memorandum. Of course, that's assuming that they actually wrote anything of value inside. For all we know, it could merely be a really long love letter to Badawi, consisting of nothing more than "I love you", "You are the greatest PM on earth", and similar praises.

For context, here is what Marina posted :

For more, head over here - RantingsbyMM: How Dare They Insult Us!!

Attached Files:

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Another act to brainwash those who still read newspapers and watch our local tv channels (or should I say, those 'katak di bawah tempurung'?). :mrgreen:

3. rusty

rusty Newbie

well, you should get a copy of the Star, today. It seems that 5 000 signatories form ipoh outnumber 40 000 demonstrators during the bersih rally 10 Nov.
    so... 5 000 people represent the silent majority while 40 000 doesn't?

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Yawn~ Getting really tired of all these, I'm leaving. LMAO :haha:

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

The soap opera continues.... *yawns*

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

You know you want my ambient temps. :p

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I'm still waiting for them to list down the 395 NGOs.. :roll:

Here's Raja Petra's take on the issue :

For more yummy goodies like this, take a look here - The Corridors of Power 2007 » All that crap