NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Overclocking Guide

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Having a great time with your new NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT graphics card? How would you like it if it could go as fast as the more expensive NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB?

Let us show you how to do that by overclocking the GPU and memory bus. We will also show you the kind of performance boost you can expect from overclocking the GeForce 8800 GT in Company of Heroes, F.E.A.R., BioShock and Crysis.

Here's a quote from the guide :-
    [​IMG]

Link : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Overclocking Guide

2. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

Nice write-up on the card, I've got the 8800GT as well andI'm having a blast with it..........;) My OC'ing adventures are going alot better, but I have also installed my old water cooling loop on the thing which really helps. I can bench the card at 800/1020/1836 and get above 14k on 3D Mark 06 with the thing. Needless to say, I extremely pleased.

Futuremark - ORB - Project Comparison

3. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Nice little guide and well written sent the article link to my buddy Chaos he just added an Accelero S1 cooler and turbo kit to his 8800GT with excellent results :D

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Very nice! :D

Yeah, a better cooler would really help improve its overclockability.

5. Adrian Wong

Thanks! Do let us know how well he's doing. We did not do so well because we were on the stock cooler. It's slim and nice but not very good for overclocking.

6. Mac Daddy

Will do Adrian he is still playing with it and it may come in the form of a review. I forget the model but his card came factory O/Ced @ 1000 Ram for now his temps are in the basement. He can't get the core over 36C or so even under Fur stress tests. For myself since the S1 cooler rev 2 now supports the 8800GTS and HD3850 / HD3870 results may be coming in a pair ... will keep you posted :D

7. Adrian Wong

Looking forward to it. :thumb:

8. Mac Daddy

He stuck to around 700 core and 1000 ram as he is upgrading and didn't really need much more from it. He suggested increasing GPU and RAM voltages with proper cooling and that should allow more headroom for overclocking.

On everything else will wait til he has upgraded to Q6600 :D

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  9. Adrian Wong

He can hit 1GHz on the RAM? Not bad. :thumb:

10. Mac Daddy

Very decent I am sure he will have more time to play with it. The voltages he feels are the key to improve O/Cing as I mentioned but not without some sort of aftermarket cooling :)

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

AFAIK, GT and GTS share the same RAM chips.

12. Adrian Wong

Yup, same RAM chips.

13. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

so far i've been able to get up 1032 ram stable. haven't had much time theses day to fully push the limits though. anyone know how the voltages on theses cards are controlled??

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Voltages are fixed. I'm not sure if it's moddable by editing BIOS, but the usual way is hard mod.

15. Mac Daddy

Well seems we have a rep from Palit on my other board seems like a cool dude and open for questions. I asked about there 8800GT 1G and also cooling issues regarding the 8800gts will keep you posted :D

16. boonelee23

boonelee23 Newbie

Geforce 8800 GT

Hi,
    Could you let me know if my Gigabyte Geforce 8800GT 512MB/ G92 chipset can use soft-mod to Quadro FX 3500? I'm unable to see the Nstrap tab on RivaTuner.
    Please help!

Thanks

Boone Lee

17. Adrian Wong

18. Mikey

Mikey Newbie

Just installed an Accelero S1 and Turbo Module on my GT. Got stable core of 747Mhz and memory of 1119Mhz. and my temps never get much above 60. Pretty optimal I think

19. Adrian Wong

Nice work! :thumb:

20. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

very good clocks.

my 88GT even on water couldn't go beyond 720/1782/1015 (no volt mod), load temp 54C