Prices for Geforce 8800GT

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by NoFormz, Dec 25, 2007.

1. NoFormz

NoFormz Newbie

Greetings,

If you guys remember, I posted a thread asking for suggestions for my new rig. xD Well, I'm going to get it soon.

While I was browsing through the LowYat's price lists, I noticed various manufacturers' Geforce 8800GTs (512MB 256BIT) prices are around the same (RM 899 - RM999) except for Forsa. Forsa's Geforce 8800GT costs only RM799, which is cheaper than the norm by RM100.

I wonder if anyone knows the differences between Forsa's 8800GT and the others? Or is it just some bundle packaging that Forsa didn't include to reduce the price?

Thanks.

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hmm... in my opinion, I'll just grab whichever suits me best regardless of brands. Galaxy ones are really good, while the others are fine too. MSI, Asus, Forsa, take your pick. Maybe the other brands sometimes include different package inside, or maybe it's already overclocked or whatever it is. Did you make a comparison between these cards listed in the price list thru the Net? :)

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. The early GeForce 8800 GT and 8800 GTS cards are all virtually the same cards. Later on, companies like Forsa may switch to cheaper or different components.

I would go with the cheapest at this moment but check for the warranty and bundle.

4. NoFormz

NoFormz Newbie

I haven't check the specs and all. Not to mention the bundle yet. Cause I haven't head down to Lowyat. I just plainly compared the prices from the pricelist in Lowyat. XD

Gotcha ;)

5. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

price varies due to the bundle, the heatsink, the warranty period and the quality of the card (PCB, transistors).

normally for me, i just grab the cheapest. :cool:

6. NoFormz

NoFormz Newbie

If the manufacturer used cheap and low quality components, won't it affect the longevity and stability of the card?

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Oh, definitely. Low quality capacitors will leak eventually.

8. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Yep Chai is right and low quality caps also suffer from an inherit inductance which even without leaking causes them to perform poorly. Especially at higher frequencies ...

9. Majormaggot

Majormaggot Newbie

also the cheaper the card the more likely the pcb is to bend/warp, especially if u plan to overclock it. i usually recommend staying away from cheaper than normal video cards if ur going to overclock it.

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

They are all right. Which is why I would only get the cheap cards at the beginning of a launch when NVIDIA/ATI would "usually" have them all manufactured at the same factory using the same components.

1 person likes this.
  11. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

I normally always stick to a quality brand bt get the standard card instead of the OC version to save a bit of cash.

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

One thing people don't consider is the after sales support. Get a crappy brand, get a crappy support.

13. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Another good point. I work at a small business that has been in business since 1953 before I was born. Service is why its still here.

(And we can still earn a living because box stores like Walmart and Best Buy sell CRAP :mrgreen: )

14. NoFormz

NoFormz Newbie

Thanks for all the feedback. Erm... I think I'll stick with the Gigabyte one. ;) Haven't check the specs though. Going to do it now xD