wht's the latest movie u watched?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by u suck.com, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hitman is that good? I must go watch it then! :twisted:

2. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Yes you MUST :twisted:

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hitman = 8/10
    National Treasure 2 = 6.5/10
    I Am Legend = 8.5-9/10

Hitman was damn cool. National Treasure 2 was ermm... a bit disappointing considering the 1st one was much better. It's like a merry-go-around, fun but not very exciting. :D

I Am Legend is a must watch. Wow... I left the cinema speechless. The loneliness... G*d! Definitely my movie of 2007. :thumb:

4. Adrian Wong

LOL! I really want to watch all three. :D

BTW, I think Son of Godzilla is coming out soon. That should be what Cloverfield is all about. :twisted:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Are you sure it's what Cloverfield is all about? :think: I thought the trailer and all the hype are very promising. Hope the end results will do them justice.

6. Adrian Wong

Well... That's what I think! :twisted:

We will see if I'm right. :haha: :haha:

7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Been so busy I haven't had much time to watch movies and I do love them. Watched The Simpsons movie last night and it wasn't too bad but certainly not as good as I thought from the previews :D

8. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. I agree. The Simpsons movie was nice but the preview was better. :haha: :haha:

9. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

national treasure 2 was so - so to me just like previous.. get clue.. get more clue than finally reach treasure...
    overall it 's a good adventure movie with humour in it :)
    7.5/10

10. zachig

zachig Newbie

Just saw "Premonition" with Sandra Bullock. I quite enjoyed the movie and found it interesting and was surprised that it got a pretty low score on IMDB. :roll:

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I agree with Dashky! I AM LEGEND is good! :thumb:

12. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

the dog died so tragically
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2007
  13. Adrian Wong

I just saw I Am Legend.

IMHO, very powerful acting by Will Smith. They couldn't have done it with a different actor. :thumb: The atmosphere was also very eerie, very lonely. Very nice touch. :thumb:

However, story development was not as good as it could have been. It would be nice if there was more emphasis on the Darkseekers... and how they seem to retain some remnant of human intelligence and feelings (unlike what Neville claimed).

Remember the part where the Darkseeker leader trapped Neville using a version of his own trap? Or the part where the Darkseeker leader was so angry when Neville caught his girlfriend (I presume!) that he ventured into the sunlight?

I think they could have done more about that, instead of that stupid scene where he suddenly went bonkers and went for a showdown at the dock. :nuts:

Okay, maybe he really went nuts after 3 years of solitude. Maybe the director needed a reason for the Darkseekers to follow him to his house. But I think it could have been done in a better fashion.

The ending was... well, let's just say, truncated and felt like a cop-out. It was as if they suddenly felt sorry after killing Neville in the story and decided to turn back to a feel-good ending. Kind of spoilt the whole doomed humanity feeling.

If they wanted it to have a feel-good ending, don't kill Neville. Surely metal doors can hold back the Darkseekers. If they wanted it to have a dark ending... heck, kill them all. As it is, it feels like a sour deal. :mrgreen:

14. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

THX for the feedback on I Am Legend really want to check this one out. Will Smith has come a long way since the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and thought he did a great job in I Robot.

Now I started reading Asimov when I was 7 so was picky :naughty:

But the movie was decent and Wil was excellent :thumb:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

One colleague actually thought it was a shytty movie. He told me National Treasure 2 and AVP2 were better. I beg to differ of course. :mrgreen:

Is it only me who feels that the ending for I Am Legend was pretty good. Hmm... ohh well. :D

16. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

eh? the undead was the other undead's gf? only in the middle part then only i suddenly realized that it was the virus tht the dr kripping invented to cure cancer. i suddenly enlightened myself :oops: :oops:

17. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

I just watched I Am Legend two days ago. Franky speaking, the ending is kind a forced to be good ending and when watching the beginning, kind a blur with the story and don't understand the story till the middle, I almost stop the movie since got nothing interesting till the darkseeker appear, but then the story is not explored good enough till the end, everything seems to fast and hanging, not feeling any statisfaction.
    Well that's my opinion and forgive my bad english. :wave:

18. Adrian Wong

Yeah! Watch the movie again. It's the same guy... unless the CGI folks got lazy about creating a new character and kept reusing the same fella. :mrgreen:

19. Adrian Wong

Well, Jenny thought it was a lousy movie. Then again, she only wants good endings. She cannot accept why Will Smith had to die. :mrgreen:

Me... I just feel that it would have been better to just slaughter the whole gang and leave it hanging... kinda like a warning to humanity kind of ending. :mrgreen:

Heck, the last minute discovery that the serum (which he thought did not work) worked should have been cut out. That part really made the ending felt like someone forced the director to end it on a good note. :mrgreen:

Yes, Will died.. but hey, his serum worked. He saves humanity. Rejoice! :haha: :haha:

20. Adrian Wong

I agree about the ending. Could have been better. But at least the atmosphere was nice... realistic. :mrgreen: