Sources: Vista SP1 Due Out in Next Few Weeks

Discussion in 'News' started by Dashken, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

2. 1031982

1031982 Just Started

But I am (as well as a lot of people) more interested in XP SP3!

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

gg BIOS hack users. :haha:

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Wewt bring on SP1... :thumb:

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hehe.. Well, XP SP3 won't make anyone upgrade to Vista... and we all know what Microsoft wants. :D

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

i find vista+SP1 RC to be a very nice OS. but wouldn't use anything pre-SP1 beta. vista is just crap without the upcoming service pack.

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

My buddies have been saying nothing but good things for SP1. :o Can't wait!

8. brajko2

brajko2 Newbie

Well people I'll tell you what's my biggest worry from Microsoft. It's not the Vista SP1 or Windows XP SP3! It's the new Windows V7. Rumor has it that there is a possibility to publish this at the end of 2009! More pesimistic prognosis is that it will prolong (hopefully) until 2011. Well who knows.. I only hope that it will not happen anytime soon.

9. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Windows V7. It's definately going to be based off Vista's kernel. They's spent way too long building the new windows foundation to just come up with a totally new one.

So my guess is for Vista -> Windows 7, think Win2000 -> WinXP.

Better usability features? More seamless online experience with Live services? more 'home' friendly, such as table version of Windows, Media Centre, etc? who knows...

10. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Somehow I don't see Microsoft launching a new OS quite so soon. It takes a while for the market to accept a new OS. Even Vista is only just starting to really pick up. The Vista SP1, which is coming out on Monday, will help push it.

So, Microsoft launching a new Windows OS... Well, it will probably throw the market into some disarray and piss off corporations who have just invested in an upgrade to Vista. :think:

11. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

It's just only starting as a concept. They are just basically messing with Vista's code and playing around with ideas to see what would be the Windows 7 key offerings. Perhaps some of it may come as a Service pack to Vista too? Perhaps. haha.

Vista was a totally new windows foundation. Windows 7 would be the eveolution of it.

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

that's the issue. too many dumb editors and bloggers never really spent some good time to understand it. they just bash it ..for the sake of.. bashing it..duhh...

13. techtr

techtr Newbie

Today is the day, but where is the SP1

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Today is the day??? Or are you just spamming? :roll:

15. techtr

techtr Newbie

Sources says that 4 February is the release date of SP1

16. Adrian Wong

17. Adrian Wong

BTW, that's the RTM date. Which means Microsoft is releasing it to manufacturing. It does not really mean they will release it to the public.

Of course, we are hoping they will... but they may not. For all we know, it's just officially RTM today and shipped to OEMs through the week with a public release when wave 1 (with full language support) is ready.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  18. brajko2

brajko2 Newbie

19. Adrian Wong

Hah! As expected. :D

Looks like it will only be made public in mid-March.

20. techtr

techtr Newbie

Now you can get it by Windows Update with a small hack:)