Firecrackers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by jasperchc, Feb 6, 2008.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

from what i heard, you are allowed to play firecracker this year. the authority wont fine you. a warning is all you will get.

just how true is this?

2. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

At my hometown, they probably need to send in the army if they want to impose the ban at new year's eve :haha: if we want to preserve our tradition, we need people to stick by it so we need more people to play firecrackers. They cant do shit when the entire city is ignoring the ban.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, that's very true. In the 'kampung' area, I think they still continue.

4. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Here in my town it's not the firecrackers on newyears,,, it's the crazy people shooting their guns in the air.:lol: :nuts:

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Fireworks are legal, some firecrackers are legal with permission. Hence, community halls and some businesses can light off firecrackers if it is approved by the police. Of course, I won't discount bribes being given... Heh...

Anyway, kids were getting blown up in the past, but not because of firecrackers (most of the time anyway). It usually happened when they tried to make their own firecrackers either by mixing calcium carbide inside a bamboo pipe with water, or gunpowder and other powders from pre-existing firecrackers.

Ban or no ban, firecrackers and fireworks are still abundant in the rural areas. Heh... Since we grew up, our uncles have stopped buying firecrackers and fireworks for us to play with. Now, we settle to watch the fireworks display put up by our neighbours. Hehe... :thumb:

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Better they shoot into the air than into someone's butt! :haha: :haha:

7. ZhengHe

ZhengHe Newbie

True, very true. Unfortunately there aren't any fireworks allowed around here :(. I'd be likely to hit a building or something, but perhaps they'd allow it one of the outlying towns. Next year I'll have to check.