Battle to end poverty

Discussion in 'Dashken' started by Dashken, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I don't know about you, but I find this rather FUNNY. :mrgreen:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Umm.. After 50 years and numerous "poverty eradication" policies, this is all we can come up with? A committee to eradicate poverty? :roll:

IMHO, if the government did not have to rescue the PKFZ project for RM 4.6 BILLION ringgit, we can easily eradicate poverty for 100,000 poor people by giving them at least a soft loan, if not a hand-out, of RM 46,000.

If the government did not have to pay RM 90 million to send a space tourist to space, those 100,000 poor people would have an additional RM 900 per person.

If the government did not have to buy the Russian fighters and French Scorpene submarines at WAY ABOVE market value, we would have many, many more millions to spend on the poor.

If we do away with just those 3-4 misguided government projects, we would have at least RM 5-6 BILLION ringgit to finance REAL poverty eradication policies.

3. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

"misguided government projects":rolleyes:

We got one of those here in the USA.:faint:

The war in Iraq....:doh:

4. Adrian Wong

Yeah... with no exit plan in sight. :wall:

OT : I think the war in Iraq has become a quagmire... hopefully, it doesn't turn into another Vietnam. :(

5. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

sometimes i wish i'm from brunei, where everybody is rich:)

6. Adrian Wong

The Sultan of Brunei is smart in NOT joining Malaysia. :thumb:

7. bslee

bslee Newbie

I've never believed the current administration can fulfill that objective. Even if its possible it'll take maybe another 50 years to do so. Scandals, deep rooted corruption, unaccountability, wrong priorties will not see that objective go through. Its not to be believed..PERIOD!.

8. Adrian Wong

They had 50 years to do it. If they cannot finish the job, I think it's time to let someone else have a go at it.

9. ZhengHe

ZhengHe Newbie

But who would or could do it? No one rings out as an obvious choice or group to me, or perhaps I'm forgetting something.

10. bslee

bslee Newbie

Did you all read the news yesterday? Finance Minister can't get his maths right, didn't get his facts right or just a plain lie.
    Its said that per capita income was now RM22,345 compared with RM15,819 previously OR Malaysia's per capita income rose by 40% in 2007 compared with 2004.
    I weep for Malaysia, full of guillible citizens. Don't even dare to elaborate how to go about reducing poverty. I suppose they'd leave it to takdir and poverty problems will be solved amazingly by itself.. Cheh!..

(N.B. : I ain't talking like I'm some kick-ass opposition party supporter!. I'm just an ordinary mid-aged citizen who's seen & heard enough nonsense from the current regime for the past 50 years. They've overstayed their welcome and WE NEED A WELCOME CHANGE! Folks!.. YOU can make the difference!
    Lastly! I CAN'T BE BOUGHT OFF to change my view!!!..not even ANY AMOUNT of $ or material wealth!)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  11. Adrian Wong

Well, they are taking the average. Of course, we have many rich people like Ananda Krishnan, Lim Goh Tong, Robert Kuok and of course, the many UMNOputras out there. Naturally, our per capita income is high.

But deduct those rich fellas, our per capita income would probably be a quarter of that. After all, we have many people earning less than RM 1k a month. Some even earn less than RM 150 a month!

After 50 years of BN rule, we still have people struggling to make a decent wage. While the UMNOputras and their Chinese and Indian cronies are getting insanely rich, the poor are still poor. Obviously, if we want to improve their lot, we need to get rid of the garbage that is the BN government.