How to listen to DVR over the Internet?

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by jasperchc, Feb 20, 2008.

1. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

Hi, I am trying to listen to DVR (digital visual radio) from DVR :: Digital Visual Radio, but i cant seem to get it to play, anyone has any idea why? I did login with my username and password but when i click on play, the label bar there just display stopped everytime :think:

Attached Files:

• eee.JPG
      eee.JPG
      File size:
      34.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. I don't use it so I can't tell what's wrong. :think:

Did you enable cookies BTW?

3. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

cookies enabled, the thing is i used the service a few years back and didnt face any problem with it then :think:

4. Adrian Wong

Does it use Flash technology?

Hmm.. Do you have like a pop-up blocker or some ad blocker? Ad blockers block scripts, which may cause problems with other stuff, like trackers, etc.

5. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

my popup blocker in IE is disable, how to check if it uses flash?

6. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. What about ad blocker? Are you using any ad blocker?

7. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

no ad-blocker, the only security/antivirus software installed is norton antivirust corporate edition :think:

8. Adrian Wong

Well, you may not have installed any ad blocker but alternative web browsers like Maxthon and Firefox have ad blockers built-in. You should check if they have been enabled.

9. barone

barone Newbie

I think you should just get Slingbox. They work pretty well

10. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

nope, they are not enable, and i cant get it to play on my home desktop as well, which doesnt have any antivirus software installed and only has IE with popup blocker disable as well :think:

Slingbox? i am not looking to spend any money on this, just want to listen to the radio occasionally when i am working.

11. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

Well, the web browser radio is working now, guess it must be some technical issues on the server site previously :think: