Watch out if you get such a message in MSN!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Adrian Wong, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Okay, just got another one of these messages on MSN :

When you click on it, it will ask you to run an executable file. Needless to say, that is a trojan horse.

So, if you ever get this message (or a similar one), do NOT click!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  2. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

i have a contact list named eric wong too lol, could had fool me :p
    and also some weird chienese msgs, do not add them

maybe you should remove the link lol
    i almost thought it was a screenshot of it

1 person likes this.
  3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

By habit, I always reply to those with a specific question if anyone sends me a link or file. Like say, what's that?

:mrgreen:

4. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

THX for the heads up :mrgreen:

5. Adrian Wong

Yeah, I do that too. Safer than just clicking.

6. Adrian Wong

Yeah, you are right. Removing it now. +rep! :beer:

7. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

My friends are lame, they got a similar virus and started spamming everyone with a message like "Hey, does this make me look fat", etc. and they send a RAR file, which is a virus of course :haha:

8. werty316

werty316 Newbie

Good thing I don't use MSN.

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I get these a lot :mrgreen:

10. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

learn my lesson back in the days of icq, click and bang, got infected :snooty: now i always ask a specific question to see if the sender is the real deal and not some virus.

11. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

if you receive a link, and it directs you to "check who blocks you on msn" dont use it too ... lol

12. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

lol I just got that one today. Must be the newest thing to hit MSN :nuts:

13. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

yeah, but it's also suprising to realise how many people actually believe these sort of thing. seriously, even the nigerian scams. I personally knew of one who actually followed through just because there was a human response to their response.... errr duh? But i think they do know it's a scam la in the end and didn't lose any money.

14. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

Talk about scam, what do you guys think about this email i got?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  15. Adrian Wong

Obviously fake. So is the one about Microsoft tracking an e-mail and rewarding all those who forwarded it. Recently, I received an "improved" version which had all sorts of comments by "real people" tacked onto it, claiming they received huge amounts of money in their bank accounts. :nuts:

16. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

i think the recent one are those that sends you weird weird links, like these:

i dunno what this is about, but probably the same type with the blocker ones, which requires ppl to input password...and they actually did! :faint: :faint:

17. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

I get many 'lottery winning notifications' through out the year, and there is always someone claiming to have left some billions of money for me :haha: :haha: :haha:

damn i could have been rich

18. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

the sms scam was the best :p
    you spam a thousand, and out of the thousand some one or two silly being will be caught in their trap, i just pitty them

19. Adrian Wong

Damn.. His virus-infected MSN is getting smarter. Instead of repeating the same old messages again and again, it's now sending me variations every few minutes. :wall:

20. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Even with a payout of 750,000 quid I'd still think twice before driving another KIA :haha:

My friends were just talking about that one...so it's a new thing? I've tried a legit one in the past though.