Marauderz Got A Sony A350

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by marauderz, Mar 29, 2008.

1. marauderz

marauderz Newbie

2. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Some friend you have :wicked: :wicked: :wicked:

3. marauderz

marauderz Newbie

yeah, he chickened out on me. He's the one that's been using cameras for so long. Including having a comparable Live View D300.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hmm...I thought the D300 has another mode that does the same thing? Maybe not as fast...

5. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

D300 has two live view modes. One that uses the phase focusing system that's super fast but LCD blacks out for a moment (mirror flipping down) and the mirror always up and using the slower contrast focusing, but contrast focusing has a nice feature that allows you to zoom in closer to see the focusing as well. :) pretty cool. much like my old Fuji S7000's manual focusing. Another nice thing i found in D300's Live view is that it immediately shows the White Balancing result. pretty cool.

And with the VGA screen, liveview actually is quite comfortable to use. But then again, I hardly use it.

6. Chai

I just read A350's implementation. It's very different, and superior to D300's implementation IMO, because it uses a different image sensor for the liveview.

7. marauderz

marauderz Newbie

yes, Live View is cool in the sense that you see all the modficiations that might happen to your image, white balance.. slow shutter speeds.. exposure increase.. iso settings..

8. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

i tried the D300've liveview AFing, i think it's slower than the S7000 la (yes, i have S7000 too! :p )

anyway, Marauderz get A350 meh?!?!?! :p I thought sure get A700 / A900 already. :dance:

9. Chai

I tried D300 Liveview, it isn't too bad, but why use Liveview when the OVF is far superior. :mrgreen:

I have to try A350 before commenting. :mrgreen:

10. marauderz

marauderz Newbie

eh, I don't plan to go pro or anything lar. I just need the performance of an SLR in order to take pictures of my kid lar.

The fact that the A350's auto mode and Live View capability makes it simple enough for my wife to use is added plus!

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Sometimes you want to shoot something but you just can't use the OVF. That's where LiveView comes in handy. :D

12. 10071985

10071985 Newbie

i think a350's live view is good when u wanna shoot in different angles