8600M GT vs quadro fx360

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by cooloutac, Mar 21, 2008.

1. cooloutac

cooloutac Newbie

ok so my uncle is getting a new dell laptop which is a better graphics card....256 mb 8600M GT or the 512mb quadro fx360?

2. cooloutac

cooloutac Newbie

also does the 8600m gt give u the modify full screen video option.... i know the quadro fx 360 doesn't

I will tell him to get the 8600M gt if it does, for what he wants to do.

3. cooloutac

cooloutac Newbie

I just found out that the new 8 series geforce cards don't have the modify full screen option..... and i think the reason has something to do with vista.

4. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

quadro grafics is same as normal g force card so you will not gain any benefit from it

5. Exilon

Exilon Newbie

If I recall correctly, the Quadro cards have programmable shaders and have different rendering behaviors made for CG and design. If your uncle just needs surf the web and play some occasional games, go with the 8600M.

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

The NVIDIA Quadro cards are designed for professional 3D work. That means they have software optimizations for those 3D applications. They use the same GPU as regular GeForce cards, just comes with those software optimizations and of course, a hefty price tag. :)

So, unless your uncle does 3D rendering work on his laptop, go with the GeForce 8600M GT. If he just uses it to surf the Internet and do some spreadsheets, heck, you don't even need the GeForce card. You will do just fine with integrated graphics.