SE K850i

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Eldanor, Aug 22, 2007.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

the P990i is a disspointing upgrade from it's predecessor imho. So little things that's better. Look at the new nokia E90 vs the older communicators. so much better. sigh. looks like SE is no longer on my fav list. Haha

2. Slaxe

Slaxe Newbie

hahaha... agree with the p990 is disappointing. i bought it, used 1 day and sell off the next day.

K850 is estimated or already selling at RM1900 for AP set. I bet it will drop within the nex 2 months to RM1700 or 1600, just like K800i time.

I am not too sure about the buttons because though it is small, its not too close actually. after all, i havent had my hands on K850, i am nowhere to comment abt the keypad. but this k850 really doesnt offer much compare to k800 expect that it is 5mp.

I would rather play with LG KU990 or Samsung G500. :)

3. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Forget the K850i.

The Samsung G600/G800 should be arriving in our stores here soon.

5 MP sensor with 3 x optical zoom. :thumb:

4. bslee

bslee Newbie

I gave my wife my K810i and ended up with nothing to use.
    I then went out and bought the K850i thinking for roughly RM400 bucks extra I was getting a superb phone, perhaps better than any Nokia model at that price point. Guess what after 4 days of use? Oh yeah!..I was thrilled at getting a really nice hi-end phone after 4 years of the laggy N6600.
    So I thought.
    I realized:
    1. The phone is prone to BROD (Blue ring of death - google for further details.), a trip to SC to reflash or repair the phone..at YOUR COST, time and effort. Why the risk?
    2.Its CPU is no better than K800/810.
    3. Firmware not moddable.
    4. Some bugs in firmware that are performance related.
    5. Video lipsync thats not addressed even with upgraded firmware.
    6. Horrid D-pad ring and layout that you can't even play Galaga with 2 hands..you need extra thumb..more suited if with joystick.
    7. Hard, plastic clickety buttons and D-pad ring. You can't sms fast as the buttons are hard. The keyboard seems hollow underneath as can be seen with some depression when pressing center and right buttons. The keypad UI is the single most irritating drawback in my phone.The cheaper models seem with better and softer hardware buttons.
    8. Media player takes many seconds to update list of stored media files before you can play. Laggy CPU?
    9. Touch sensitive buttons are not exactly sensitive enough. It depends on your skin. I felt the select button should be a hard button.
    All in all, I sold off the phone and now end up with nothing new. Its a FLAWED phone..DON'T ever consider buying!.. even if HALF PRICE! SE have really taken its customers for a ride on this model and its asking price!. Nice phone but heavily flawed!.