chessboard image in video

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by nearownkira, Apr 18, 2008.

1. nearownkira

nearownkira Newbie

[​IMG]

I take this with my digcam, I cant screen capture it, when I screen capture , the video is fine.

this happen I when open certain files of *.avi or *.mpg and play PC games. other than that, the screen is 100% normal.

Pc spec:
    Intel C2D E6750
    Asus P5K
    Corsair 2GB DDR2 RAM
    Asus 8600GTS

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Looks like a faulty video card to me. Tyr installing a different driver.

3. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

you should try updating your monitor driver and your graphic card driver. :think:

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Since it only affects video playback and only with some files, it's more likely to be a video codec problem. Try installing the latest version of the K-Lite Codec Pack.

5. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

I was thinking the same thing but also mentioned "PC games"

I would suggest trying a newer driver as well if you haven't done so :)

6. nearownkira

nearownkira Newbie

I tied reinstalled my nvidia driver and k-lite codec, but atill the same,I just dont want to reinstall windows

:eh:

7. Mac Daddy

Do you have another system you can try your card in? That way you will be sure if its hardware or software related before you go through the trouble of re-installing the OS for no reason.

8. Chai

Seriously, looks like hardware problem to me.

9. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

from the picture, looks more like hardware problem eh. the card itself might not be properly inserted but then it is not possible. But then does this only happen in play videos or includes other stuff too (like gaming and etc)

10. Chai

These kind of hardware issue is common, I've experienced similar problems, while running 3D only, checked box problem.

11. Mac Daddy

I am quite sure it is now as well either the card or the monitor testing the card in another machine will tell for sure. Games and movies use different resolutions than the normal desktop as you know could be the monitor getting weak as well.

12. nearownkira

nearownkira Newbie

this happened after I installed a TV card, but I had since removed it, but the "artifact" still happen.

13. Mac Daddy

I am afraid it might be the card itself then were you able to try it in another machine ?

14. nearownkira

nearownkira Newbie

you mean the TV card? I put it in another machine it works, and it does not recognize my TV card anymore, the second time i put in my rig which is facing the artifact problem now.

15. Mac Daddy

No the video card itself bro.