Need Opinons....

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by SkylineRemix, May 5, 2008.

1. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

I'm getting a new phone by end of this month (hopefully) and i have a big headache now.

Currently i have a choice of Nokia N82 and HTC Touch (2nd Generation). Anyone who is using either one of the phones listed, please give me your comment. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Around the same price, but totally different beast. Nokia N82 is good if you want a phone that works more like a phone. HTC Touch is a Windows Mobile phone, has touch screen.

I fell in love with my HTC TyTN II, I can't see myself not using another WM based phone in the future. :lol:

3. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

... TyTN II ah... jealous....

anyway...Symbian S60 or Windows Mobile?

If i sacrifice touch screen, i would get better camera and 3G and GPS function.

My main goal is to actually get Touch. But after i saw the N82 which is around the same price... my head goes nuts. Both have Wi-Fi and that's the main important thing actually in my next phone. Other than that like software, i still need some time to compare it and also get more comments on both phones from you guys.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Try out the touch interface. Some like it, some don't. IMHO, this is the deal breaker. If you like the touch interface, get the HTC Touch. If not, get the N82.

5. Chai

I think N82 is much better for u, but dun expect the GPS to work like ur average GPS device.

6. bslee

bslee Newbie

I had seriously considered the N82 as it currently have all the great features one likely desires BUT:

1. I don't like the keypad layout and wish it had a joystick
    2. The current price: on the high side. I won't mind if it was somewhere sub RM1.1k max. Don't even think of Zitron price..MURDER!.
    3. Black one may not be easily available.
    4. The build quality is not as good as K850i.
    5. Hate browser navigation on the internet.
    6. SE doesn't have one like N82. I'm so wanting a SE this time.
    Lazy to list out a few more quibbles.
    Entirely MY PERSONAL VIEW.
    Sorry for not mentioning anything about PDA phones..I'm not into it.
    Conclusion: I'm not buying either right now. I can't have the K850 and N82 all in one for good money.

7. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

how about the SE X1 or the W960i? worth considering also :think:

8. Chai

W960? Not worth it. X1? It's not out yet. :D

9. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

If it's me, I'll personally try out both the phones on the spot..Easier to decided...Currently using a smartphone..Kinda hook to WM based cellphones already xD But then you already did mention that you don't like pda based cellphone which only left you back with 1 choice~~ Nokia N82 =/

10. Chai

You got confused with bslee's post. :p

11. bslee

bslee Newbie

I owned K810i for a month till I passed it on to my wifey. I owned the K850i for a week till I got disgusted and sold it off.
    I had 3 days playing with my son's new N82 (he CARELESSLY lost his phone earlier).
    My earlier comments are based upon personal experience with these 3 phones. What am I using now?.. my obsolete, spare and worthless BUT USABLE 3315.

4.50pm: I bit the bullet after thinking, thinking!. N82 COD at 9pm tonight!.
    I need to have my music whilst on the move lah!. I didn't buy a nice Philips SHE9700 earphones for nothing!.

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  12. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Omg...I did get confused..Not enough sleep lately.Hmm, the best bet is to test both phones before buying =D

13. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

Anyway... my main thing of getting this phone is to able to blog from my phone (because my house only got 1 computer). The rest of the features would be a advantage. The current phone i'm using now is Nokia 6100, the first generation colour phone with 4 channel polyphonic ringtones (How proud was that 6 years ago... hehehe).

Will SE X1 be that cheap? i don't think so... i think the starting price will begin at least from 2.5k.

Oh? so how does the GPS function work in your TyTNII? btw, is the web browsing better in Windows Mobile based phone (i mean in your TyTN II)?

14. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

Joystick very easily gone case one lah... didn't you heard enough from SE K750i? I mean basically i don't prefer joystick... not my type.

15. Chai

Yup, I hated the joystick so much on my K750, now the phone is practically unusable.

I don't know about web browsing on N82, but on TyTN II, it was quite bad until I found a fix to it. The scrolling was very slow and unresponsive. But I managed to find a fix. Using Opera, it's quite cool, but there's limitation, and Opera works on Symbian too I think.

16. bslee

bslee Newbie

I've now got a phone without the JOYSTICK and have to live with it hereon..till....da di da da tum tum (finger taps)!..

17. Chai

Other than the need to switch direction quick (a must for gaming), I don't see the need for joystick personally. Tennis, the virtual plane game, works very well with the joystick. Other than that, buttons are far more precise and reliable.

That's me. :D

18. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

Chai, how's the GPS function in your *bling bling*?

Oh ya... my current status is more like 70:30 already. 70 for N82 while 30 for Touch. I'm not sure but i have this thought before that maybe windows mobile would be more powerful than now in 2 years time. I mean i don't know lah... but just for the time being, in such a limited amount of time and money, i would most probably pick N82 against Touch. My decision is not finalize yet. Still need to wait my salary for the month of May to come in. ^_^

19. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

btw, any Nokia N82 or HTC Touch user here?

20. Chai

The GPS on TyTN II is very usable. It uses Mapking for Asia region. It has guided me to many places in MY and SG. I drove into SG for the first time early this year, and I rely 100% on the GPS! I was as lost as walking in the jungle without compass! I got lost a few times, but all due to user problem. :p