ED#88 : Windows XP SP3 RTM Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Apr 15, 2008.

1. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

It's already released. Only direct link, not available on Windows Update yet. They need to solve compatibility issue with Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System.

link: http://download.windowsupdate.com/m..._c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4.exe

MD5: BB25707C919DD835A9D9706B5725AF58
    SHA-1: c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4

2 people like this.
  2. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

So should i download this from Windows update or should i wait for MS to clear any compatibility issues & then download it ? Thanks for the link btw. :beer:

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Thanks, acedriver! Will be adding that link ASAP! +rep! :beer: :beer:

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

ED#88 : Windows XP SP3 RTM Confirmed Rev. 1.2!

We have just updated the editorial! :wave:

After we broke the stories on the release of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and the planned RTM schedule of Windows XP SP3, we have now managed to obtain the confirmed release schedule of Windows XP Service Pack 3!

This is the news that all loyal Windows XP users have been waiting for. Here are the full details...

Here's a quote from the editorial :-
    [​IMG]

Link : ED#88 : Windows XP SP3 RTM Confirmed Rev. 1.2!

5. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Downloaded the Sp3 from the link Acedriver has provided.Gonna install it now.I hope everything will go smoothly & there will be no bugs/compatibility issues in this release.

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Muahahaha... my office PC. :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

• sp3.JPG
      sp3.JPG
      File size:
      32.8 KB
      Views:
  7. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

I've also installed it.Nothing distinguishable found so far though.No problem so far.Will have to run 3DMark 2006 too to see if SP3 affects the score or not.

8. 64bit

64bit Newbie

Check here: Tech ARP - ED#88 : Windows XP SP3 RTM Confirmed Rev. 1.2!

Tech ARP article on SP3 has been updated, should be out around 10 June 08. So this means that the SP3 available now is not official and the one which will be released at June will have a newer version of SP3 which has the fix. No point downloading and installing the current SP3.

9. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

I already did the download & installed it but whenever it goes official, i'll uninstall the current version & will download the official version. ;)

10. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Going to install this when I re-install XP on my second machine. I found Ubuntu very unstable with the O/C on that machine never had an issue with XP. Since it's a 32 bit based system I really can't see using Vista on it as Vista isn't as stable O/Cing as XP either :)

PPS: THX for the link acedriver :thumb:

11. Adrian Wong

Actually, the link acedriver posted should be the official RTM version of Service Pack 3. It is just not available for auto-update by Windows Update right now.

12. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Oh ok i won't have to download the SP3 again.:D Thanks.

13. pfelelep

pfelelep Newbie

works great here, thanks a lot :D

14. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  15. noel_pg3

noel_pg3 Newbie

16. Adrian Wong

Thanks, guys! Will update the editorial! :thumb: :thumb:

17. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

they even updated IE7 download page with this notice: :p

18. Mac Daddy

Ya just re-installing XP on the other machine the silly thing is you need IE6 or better to DL SP2 because you can't with Firefox off the MS site. So you have to DL IE6 ... then SP2 and then IE7. Kind of redundant isn't it ? :think:

19. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

you can dl sp2 with any browser

Download details: Windows XP Service Pack 2 for IT Professionals and Developers

are you asking for sp2 or sp3? :think:

20. Mac Daddy

When you DL SP2 directly off the MS site it asks for IE6 or better unless you use auto update ... np and sorted here SP3 is next :D