Assassin Creed keep JAM, help!

Discussion in 'Games' started by alyy8128, May 2, 2008.

1. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

Anyone here playing Assassin Creed? I'm currently facing a problem that I can't get into the town of Jerusalem. Whenever i enter the town, the games will collapse and closed. :nuts:

Anyone here able to enter the town? Or is there a bugs? Any patch to help?

Appreciate your kindness help. Thanks.

p.s. Computer system used:
    - Athlon 64 X2 3800+
    - 3GB of DDR2 RAM
    - Gigabyte 9600GT
    - MSI motherboard.
    - WindowsXP SP2 with DirectX 9

2. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

did you buy the game at the store?

i know that the crash is happening with a pirated release and there's no fix as far as i know.

3. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Yeah, it happens with the leaked version of Assassin's Creed. I think a fix was released a while ago.

4. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

I didn't see any simple solution for this problem. Except some other guys have a method, which donwload almost the 1GB of data, to replace the original games (backup first), just for playing the Jerusalem. Then, after winning that part, copy back the original files to continue next episode.

Is this method works?

5. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Yeah, the fix is pretty big because it has to replace all the Jerusalem files.

6. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

i have no idea, it doesn't sound like it does, but you can always try, hopefully it does

7. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

Since you're using a pirated version, the first release, my advice is either to buy the game or search on the net for the stable version instead of downloading one file. -=Hope it's the first and last time when I'm giving that kind of advice :) =-

8. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Agreed with DarKSeeD, imo this game is worth buying.

9. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

this shouldnt be discussed here :mrgreen:

if you are playing a pirated game & it hangs. stop asking for solutions here.

here is not the place to ask help for a pirated game

if you want to play it so badly, buy the original game :p

10. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

It would be nice that a mod or admin delete the thread. Thank you!

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wait. Is this discussion even about the pirated version of Assassin's Creed? I don't see any mention of piracy until DarKSeeD mentioned it.

12. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Well, alyy8128's post suggests he's playing a pirated version since all leaked versions of Assassin's Creed had this problem (crashing upon entering Jerusalem). Although I think there might have been a few rare occasions with this happening in the retail version too. :)

13. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

It was an assumption made after searching a few minutes for the solution and reading about the issue, if I'm mistaken pls accept my apologies, if not the thread should be deleted.

14. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I just don't want to jump to conclusions since I haven't played Assassin's Creed yet.

So I really have no idea if he's referring to a pirated version, or if this problem affects the retail version too. :think:

15. twkkhan

twkkhan Newbie

Assassin Creed (AC) Installation should have 2 discs.
    If your installation has 1 disc I would like to say trash it. It won't work.
    Mine got 2 discs and running smoothly. I am running AC with ati 3870 gpu. I like the dx 10.1 enabled AC. Super smooth with max graphic setting. I never patched it as the patch will remove dx10.1 support.
    Overall gameplay is good and graphics is superb.
    I am looking forward to get its expansion pack.

16. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

The jerusalem crash is probably the most famous pirated-edition related game crash that only happens with the earlier pirated releases. This phenomenon even had a wikipedia page until some editors removed it (By the name of "Jerusalem Syndrome (computer games)").

17. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

Rofl.... even re-download it or buy it ;):thumb: