Write about your best played game ever

Discussion in 'Games' started by re4ux, May 18, 2008.

1. re4ux

re4ux Newbie

I think best game ist Half-Life 2 or Prey :beer:
    This is about not graphics, this games have best gameplay ever [I think] (thats not 4ever :mrgreen: )

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Well this is a tough one for me because I like a lot of different types of video games. I generally like something that you have to use your brain for and I think the first game like that goes back to 1981 on a TRS-80 with a game called Santa Peravia :D

Yes I also played "Pong" and "Tennis" as an arcade game in the late 70's lol.

Games overall that I liked for different reasons start with a game for the Sega Genesis called Lord of the Sword. I feel this was the first real action / RPG game. Unreal and Silent Hill hold the title for games that actually sent chills up my spine. The first Half Life and Max Payne are forever classics.

I will add more as I think of them great topic :thumb:

3. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

best played? Well, got too many to talk about xD...My best played games will be mostly RPG based =/ The best i think would be FF7 =D

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmmm Neverwinter Nights and perhaps even Planescape:Torment?

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Max Payne series, Half-Life series, Team Fortress II (yes, and I mean it!), and Soldier of Fortune series. (Except the Payback which I haven't tried yet!). :D

6. re4ux

re4ux Newbie

Write about some gameplay and whole game guys =] , write why this is da best game ever

7. Digerati

Digerati Newbie

GTA series, Half-Life series, Call of Duty series, Max Payne, Red Alert II, The Sims... Ah, too much to list!

8. miahman

miahman Newbie

final fantasy 8

unique 'junction' system.
    long extended hours of gameplay.
    the legend of all legends. the mini-card game

and the summons were lovely. (cerberus, diablos, brothers, ifrit, bahamut, brothers, shiva, tonberry, cactuar, odin,doomtrain, griever{cant play as him})[the rest weren't all that]

also 'limit-breaks'

and the way you have to acquire new weapons by making them.
    the 'ability' function from the main menu adds a next level experience to gameplay.
    free roaming across the WORLD not just the city

XD i can go on forever

9. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Grim Fandango...the game that brought tears to my eyes. :faint: :faint: :faint:

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Daytona USA, easily the best. :thumb:

11. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

Little Big Advantage 2 aka Twinsen's Odyssey - great world, great story, great charater, funny stuff

Dungeon Keeper 1 - you are the devil controlling minions

12. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

All three Thief games. With great story telling, free roaming world and some of the scariest levels I have ever played, at least in my opinion.

13. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

Best RPG ever, Baldur's Gate 2 :thumb:

And the expansion - Thorne of Baal :thumb:

14. re4ux

re4ux Newbie

Hmn... So why ist the best RPG ever ?

15. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

because the storyline is just awesome, but since it is an old game, if you can look pass the aged graphic and am an RPG fan, i am sure you will like it :mrgreen:

16. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

couldn't agree more. played those soooooooo much when I was young.

Syndicate: this was an awesome game, I was so addicted to it when I was younger, I don't even remember the story or anything, I just know you controlled some dudes and you could steal car and kill lost of people.

Mass Effect: awesome game, one of the best I played recently and in my life.

17. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Well, best game I ever played was the first games I played.
    Let's see... the first game that really caught my addiction was Ultima 7. A really really good RPG for its time. StarCraft ranks second :)

18. danteoddjob

danteoddjob Newbie

For me , the best game is Devil May Cry Series, Tomb Raider series, GTA series, and more. :D

19. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Hmm, this thread still active eh..FF series game till now still never ends and the lastest game is FF13 :p I wonder why did they name it FINAL fantasy when the games never ends :p...

20. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

This is tough for me.

FF8 was awesome (my fav). GTAs (pick one lol), Metal Gear Solid (1-4).

All of these have good story and innovative game play and replayability.