Clive Barker's Jericho

Discussion in 'Games' started by The_YongGrand, Oct 5, 2007.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hey there,

Clive Barker's newest game is called Jericho, and it's pretty deadly and scary compared to the Undying. You can download the demo from the Gamespot or its webpage.

They have the nice graphics, fully with reflections and dynamic lighting, and very realistic movements like climbing.

But make sure you better be prepared, these monsters and demons looks really scary. At one level, the woman (also a player) got herself sucked into the hole (or a well) and you must press the up, down, left, right key according to the arrows shown in that time period, or else she might fall to her death or a some kind of zombie soldier showing his face to you, kicking your butt!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

The graphics suck IMO. Played the demo, hated it. Screamed console port all over.

3. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

I played the demo off PSN on the PS3, and it looks quite fab in 1080p. I haven't tried it on PC yet though.

4. The_YongGrand

The PC demo is too short, but quite exciting.

The graphics are quite okay to me, only thing is a little bit too dark and some grainy textures. Looks like Unreal3 Engine to me however... :)

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Its VERY grainy. Nothing at all like Rainbow Six Vegas / Gears of War / BioShock.

I uninstalled it pretty fast. :p

6. The_YongGrand

Well yeah, upon 2nd play, I found the place blurry and grainy - but it has some other stronger points - like realistic movements. :haha:

I like the "scare-factor" though, the classic "popping up" monsters. I got the goosebumps for the first time listening to the dripping sound and all the other movements. Doom3 and FEAR scare-tactics isn't making me jump at all, strange, IMHO.

Still, I haven't get to play Bioshock - is my computer in my 1st sig cut it? I don't have the processor or anything else (except the RAM) that are fit according to the requirements - or it is so? :thumb:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  7. Disp0sabl3

Disp0sabl3 Newbie

i have mixed feelings, Xbox 360 is good but pc is better but it lags for pc for me but plays smoother on xbox 360, im confused with myself

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You don't have a sig. What are your computer specs?

BioShock requires a relatively fast GPU and CPU to run well.

9. The_YongGrand

It's an old X2 3800+ with X1950Pro and 2GB RAM. Well, it's old nowadays. :haha:

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm... BioShock should be playable if you tone down on some of the graphics and use a lower resolution.

11. danteoddjob

danteoddjob Newbie

I like this game

This game i like it very much.