wht's the latest movie u watched?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by u suck.com, Dec 5, 2003.

1. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

Going to watch Indy this weekend :) :) Ride that nostalgia train 8)

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I heard that many didn't like The Forbidden Kingdom because it's in English and in ancient China where everyone speaks English, now that's weird.

I just finished watching The Forbidden Kingdom. Verdict? 8.5/10 Just awesome! :mrgreen:

Imagine throwing a white boy into ancient China, to the time of the Monkey King and you, being the hero, is everyone's dream (it's my dream :mrgreen: ). I didn't find the English funny though. I actually didn't notice it at all. The level of English is pretty OK too considering almost the whole casts are Chinese. A pretty fast-paced movie. I couldn't even find time to yawn.

The fight scenes were pretty cool. Not unreal. And I've always wanted to watch a duel between Jackie Chan and Jet Lee for a long long time. The battle between the two was EXCELLENT! :clap:

One funny thing in the movie. When Jet Li appeared on the horse in the jungle all in white, I thought it was Gandalf from LOTR! :haha:

And... :mrgreen:

No need to ask where the spotlight went to... Yifei Liu!!! She's just... breathtaking. She's from China and her English is above average. She only went to US for 4 years when she was 10. Somemore she's just 20! Simply amazing! :faint:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  3. miahman

miahman Newbie

if thats her on the picture. then hell yeah we can see that too. lol

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hehe.. Yeah, but I suspect they put her there for THAT very effect on guys... :haha: :haha:

5. miahman

miahman Newbie

thats a BIT too obvious lol. thats why almost all actresses have to be hot lol.

and look at us men, we know what plan they are hatching, yet we walk in with our hands up and enjoy the moments while it lasts XD

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I watched the new Indiana Jones movie.

It was AWESOME! I was laughing pretty hard on some parts. Harrison Ford doesn't look too old and it's pretty cool seeing him in action. :thumb:

7. Adrian Wong

GREAT!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I can't wait to see it!!! :twisted:

8. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Cool Bro I might check it out this weekend :thumb:

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Shia LeBeouf was really good in the movie too. I'm pretty sure you guys will enjoy it.

10. Adrian Wong

I can't wait!! But man... I have to wait until I get back from Taipei!! :wall: :wall:

11. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Dang thats right !!

I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. If your expecting a continuation of the series from the first 3 you might be disappointed. This ones a bit different won't say to much more to spoil it but nice to see them not try and hide the age difference in the storyline. Seen a few movies where they try and make an actor/actress older than Yoda look young and it never works :shifty:

Scott you were right definitely some funny moments in this one :thumb:

12. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

haha.. no wonder you give so high score...

watch indiana jones last week... the ending a bit disappointed
    overall not bad... 7/10

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Kungfu Panda was quite good. 8/10 but the final fight was a little too short to my liking. Suddenly he's Damn good. Lol!

14. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Watch Indy at Imax, big disappointment cause they just upscale the film into bigger screen, it was blur and had heavy vignetting.

Movie wise is average, 6/10.

15. Adrian Wong

Oh, I didn't know they even made Indy for Imax. Never mind. I will watch it on a regular screen. Thanks for the heads up! :thumb:

16. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

I think imax just for 3d movie... other than that no point wathing there :think:

17. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

watched Indy also and didn't like it.

the movie could be named: Indiana Jones: James Bond

18. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It wasn't too bad.

19. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

just that ending very disappointed :snooty:

20. Adrian Wong

Just watched Indiana Jones 4 last night. What a ride! :thumb: :thumb:

Okay, you need to suspend belief quite a bit but if you can do that, it's quite a fun movie. :mrgreen:

Yeah, the ending was sadly too cliched. It was like the writers felt they were "forced" to end the movie with a big bang, even though there was no reason for the "big bang" and all. :haha:

The rest of the movie was pretty good though. :thumb: