PSP Owner's Thread!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lacus, Jun 9, 2008.

1. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

I felt like playing The Sims on my PSP, so I got the UMD and started it.. jesus christ the loading times are loooooooooooong. Another advantage of using a memory stick is it's faster and consumes less power :D

2. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

True,thus we get longer play time :p

3. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

QFT. Why would someone pay just as much (or sometimes more) for a limited format (UMD) when they could purchase the same thing on DVD for the same price and also get the extra features, not to mention being able to play the DVD anywhere a dvd player is available... Sony should've priced UMD movies more aggressively and the format may have survived :(

4. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Well, it is still surviving though for UMD..Btw what does QFT mean?

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Quite F True? Just guessing... :haha:

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Quoted for truth... :mrgreen:

7. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

oooh,thanks for pointing that out..Btw chai, BAIBAIBAI PSP :p

8. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

Sorry, I guess I should have been clearer. UMD survives because it is the chosen format of the PSP for games... UMD as a movie format is dead and buried.

9. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

eh? really? Somehow there are still UMD movies being made right?

10. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

Not really... Sony is basically the only studio supporting UMD movies, if that. They tried something about having 2 movies on a memory card if I remember correctly, but that bombed. There were 2 (or more) movies on a card, and you basically chose one movie, and the other was blocked/deleted/something...

11. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

They also tried including a UMD in with a DVD, but that also bombed.

Shame UMD movies work really well.

12. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Hmm, then according to max...Do you guys think it's possible for PSP to die out? since not much games are being made =/..+ ooh did anyone updated to the lastest firmware? :D 4.01m33-2 ;)

13. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Die out, it is possible but I wouldn't count out the PSP just yet. The PSP has always had low game yields compared with the DS. The developers have a harder time justifying making a game for the PSP as it requires more effort to get it to sell well. This year's game selection is slightly down compared to last year 40 titles vs. the 48 in 2007 at least for the US. If you look at Asia I think they have had more titles compared to last year if I am not mistaken.

14. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

What the new firmware like? Anything extra?

15. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

New features like Google search bar just to name a few. I don't own PSP to know more. :p

16. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

New goggle Search,additional Slow motion function on viewing videos..Really like that function where i can watch anime in slow mo *fanservice anime* :haha:

17. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i need to mod to run m33 versions :sigh: :(

18. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

well, it easy..shall i assist you, sir xy o.o/

19. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

i just need to copy your collection. Not so keen on modding as it still can play all my games at the moment. Plus I seldom use it to surf net or watch movies.

20. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Well for the US the next few months are going to see the release of 23 games, is anyone interested in any of them?

For me I can't wait for N+, LEGO Batman: The Videogame, Pipe Mania, Air Conflicts, Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. :dance: