Team Fortress 2 Review

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Mar 8, 2008.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Update!

This thursday, there'll be 2 new maps and those new Pyro unlockables out! Also, there'll be free TF2 weekend, so go and get the preload beforehand! :)

And also, Meet the Sniper video has been out too! :D

2. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

awesome, pyro is my favourite class for 2fort, cant wait for the update :beer:

3. The_YongGrand

The update will be there on Thursday, and Friday at our place! :beer:

edit: Check it out there! Pyro New Loadouts and Meet the Sniper Video

The loadouts are the Flare gun, the "BackBurner" and the "Axtinguisher".

The Flare Gun is reminiscent to that of the Team Fortress Classic's Incendiary Cannon. How I love this one!

And also, the main Pyro's flamethrower has been altered - it also includes a compressed air blow by clicking the Alt Fire and that one actually pushes rockets, pipebombs and nearby opponents away! :D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  4. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

how do you unlock those pyro weapons? :think: i also didnt even manage to unlock anything for my medic :faint:

5. The_YongGrand

Well, you gotta, gotta achieve them of course! For example, if your pyro teammate get to burn 10 (iianm) enemies in a charge of uber for a Medic, you will get the "Autoclave" achievement. If you get 12 achivement done, you'll get one primary weapon unlocked... and so on! :D

6. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Liked the meet the sniper video, i'm thinking of buying TF2 when I have some time to play.

7. The_YongGrand

Scout Update coming soon!

Oh, sorry for the long hiatus, but there's many minor tweaks on this game to make it more enjoyable!

Also, the new Scout Update must be a very interesting one. It'll be fully released within this or next week. Check out the site everyday! :)

Anyone who likes to run around grabbing flags, enjoys very close quarter combat or just plainly annoying your enemies, these updates will make it more fun to play with! :haha: :thumb:

8. The_YongGrand

The Scout Update has been fully released!

And also, 50% off for TF2 until this Friday!

Let's get the 'Bonk' going, dudes! :beer:

9. The_YongGrand

Hey men!

There's many updates for the TF2 - especially for the spy, and some newer changes which could make the game to be much more enjoyable!

Check the Team Fortress Blog for these special reports! :D

10. The_YongGrand

Team Fortress II is now Free to Play!

Get Steam, and then get the game as well!

Here is the FAQ link: http://www.teamfortress.com/freetoplay/faq.php

Certainly the free version has some limitations especially on the inventory section, but I believe that it does not stop people from having a lot of fun with the teamplay based action game.

Btw, I may need to update the article. The article is already dated and may need some amendments. :)

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Malaysia got server ah? :D

12. The_YongGrand

There are a lot of SE Asian TF2 Servers. If I'm not mistaken, it's the LYN Club (don't remember the name) and the Starhub. For Starhub, it has been closed down, so you might need to find ones with the lower ping (less than 100). :thumb:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Was into Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory but unfortunately all the SG and local servers are all dead. So, am looking for free FPS game. Tried BlackShot the other day and it was sh!tty...

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow...ET. Those were the days... :haha:

15. The_YongGrand

Battlefield Heroes is also a free to play game, but it's mostly overseas and I can't find my teammates to play with me. :)

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

LOL! Panzer, fdops, medic, engineer... yeah, those were the days. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Just tried downloading TF2... wahlau... 9GB and I can't cap the speed some more... how to download??? :doh: :doh: :wall:

17. The_YongGrand

You just have to be patient. That game was getting huge and huge, from 4GB to 9GB in a few years time.